PDA

View Full Version : Silver metallic wax help!

greco400
04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Ford silver metallic, looking for a wax to make the flakes pop. I will wash it then clay bar, but dont know what to use after

How would 4* UPP and layer it with ssii?

Any suggestions on what to use thanks alot!

loudog2
04-07-2009, 06:07 PM
What is the condition of your paint? If it is not good, your basically putting lipstick on a pig. Prep is everything! SSII is great, so is dodo diamond/light fantastic, fuzion and P21S 100%.

ScottB
04-07-2009, 07:06 PM
I was thinking UPP topped with SSII .... nice combo !

greco400
04-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Everything execpt roof and trunk and passenger door was all newly repainted and the paint is in very good condition

I seen a post with 4* and ssii and it looks awesome!

any other suggestions?

loudog2
04-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Wolfgang DGPS topped with fuzion is a great combo. I just purchased some dodo RBOE from overseas. I've seen it on silver, and it looks great by itself. I'm giving it a try this weekend on my car.

termigator
04-07-2009, 10:46 PM
If it was me and I wanted that extra sparkle or "pop" from the metallic, I'd go FMJ straight. Do another layer of FMJ if you must have that second coat, but anything will mute FMJ's sparkle.

oski83
04-08-2009, 12:09 PM
ummm for a noob here on the forum, can someone explain UPP, SSII, Dodo RBOE, and FMJ?? Thanks in advance...helps alot in understanding thread ;) :cheers:

ScottB
04-08-2009, 01:51 PM
UPP --- Four Star Ultimate Paint Sealant
SSII --- Pinnacles Sig Series II paste wax
Dodo RBOE --- A version of Dodo Wax called Rubbish Boys Original Edition (carried abroad)
FMJ --- A paint sealant by a competitor who licensed the name of Menzerna on bottle.

Dsoto87
04-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Killr what's the story behind fmj? I just got a sample. Been meaning to try it out

ScottB
04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Killr what's the story behind fmj? I just got a sample. Been meaning to try it out

Its a pure paint sealant like Wolfgang, UPP, EXP and others. A particular vendor licensed Menzerna's name for use on the product but is there design and product not Menzerna or so it was originally offered.

We (my friends and I , not Autogeek) tested it on a blue metallic Malibu and nobody found it stood out or offered the gloss and slickness of other products. I dont know if they have changed formula since introduction .... let us know your thoughts once used. I do believe they released a cleaner/sealant since called Acrylic Jacket also.

Dsoto87
04-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Yea ill try it out thus weekend. The person I got it from was raving about it but hadn't tried DGPS or UPP so I don't know what he was comparing it to.

So I'm guessing HGAS isn't menzernas actual product either than right?

ScottB
04-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Yea ill try it out thus weekend. The person I got it from was raving about it but hadn't tried DGPS or UPP so I don't know what he was comparing it to.

So I'm guessing HGAS isn't menzernas actual product either than right?

I believe the Menz name was authorized for use on a spray detailer, sealant, wheel cleaner and wash initially not sure if more was added.

If you are looking for an acrylic based detail spray Sonus has always offered a nice one, and Werkstatt does also but not as glossy. When I used the Klasse Twins I always like an acrylic spray as topper. Of course many water based detail sprays are equally impressive.

oski83
04-08-2009, 03:09 PM
UPP --- Four Star Ultimate Paint Sealant
SSII --- Pinnacles Sig Series II paste wax
Dodo RBOE --- A version of Dodo Wax called Rubbish Boys Original Edition (carried abroad)
FMJ --- A paint sealant by a competitor who licensed the name of Menzerna on bottle.

Thanks for clearing that up....came through once more! :cheers:

Dsoto87
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks killr. Yea I already own the werkstatt and sonus sprays. Love them too. I was just curious about the menzerna name/labeling/production.

As for the OP, I love UPP. With autogeeks price matching you could get it for less than 20 right now. Even at 30 its great. A little is all that's needed. A 16oz bottle will last a long time.

termigator
04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I recently purchased Wolfgang's sealant, but I haven't used it yet. I have used UPP and I wasn't impressed with it at all. Slickness and ease of use was on par with FMJ, but it did not have the extra gloss that I got from FMJ. Maybe UPP is better now that it's polycharged, but I wouldn't know. I still have an almost full bottle of original UPP sitting around. Nothing against it, but I just liked to look of FMJ better.