PDA

View Full Version : xmt/zaino

jim/larry
08-28-2006, 12:11 AM
can you top xmt glaze with zaino?

supercharged
08-28-2006, 12:29 AM
NO! XMT finishing glaze has carnauba, which will keep sealant from bonding to the paint. You could, though apply a coat of finishing glaze after a coat of sealant.

ScottB
08-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Remember the entire original and XMT line from Pinnacle were designed around the best carnaubas can offer. XMT advancing the line with machine based polishes. They have some oils and fillers that might not help Zaino bond correctly. I would just go with Souveran for the absolute best finish offered.

MikeyC
08-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Remember the entire original and XMT line from Pinnacle were designed around the best carnaubas can offer. XMT advancing the line with machine based polishes. They have some oils and fillers that might not help Zaino bond correctly. I would just go with Souveran for the absolute best finish offered.

Do the polishes have fillers as well or just the glaze?

supercharged
08-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Yes. And you need to rewash or wipe down with 50/50 alcohol/water solution before Zaino.

jim/larry
08-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks guys for the info.

I'm a Zaino product lover topped with Souveran,this was first time to try the XMT product.I have to say it does a wonderful job,we applied xmt3 then xmt2,xmt glaze topped with souveran.The next time tho we're going to go with the xmt polish,Zaino,xmt glaze topped with souveran.If it does not produce the wetness and shine the all pinnacle did I guess we'll haveta apply wax more offen....Thanks again

If I didn't mess up after downsizing the picture,this is a hood shot on a blue truck.

jim/larry
09-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Can you layer the xmt glaze to get a wetter look?

ScottB
09-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Can you layer the xmt glaze to get a wetter look?

I dont see it getting wetter than XMT Glaze and a coat of Souveran wax. Red Moose Glaze and Souveran is another dripping combo.

jim/larry
09-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Thank you,I didn't know if xmt glaze was like some products the more coats for better shine/wet.

I've been looking at the products on this web site and I must say I'm lost in a world of polishes.XMT is the first product I've tried new in several years,I'm happy with the turn out this product gave.By reading about the other polishes the site has to offer like DP and others how in the world do you decide which one.I still like Sal's products but he may have to start saleing peanut butter if he doesn't come out with another product line.

Q'tion, is DP polishes as good as xmt? I"d love to try the wolfgang products too.I wasn't willing to spend hunderds of dallors again like I did before I found Sal to get the shine I wanted.Now it looks like I'm hooked again after trying xmt,I may have to buy peanut butter/crackers from Sal.

next time I'll remmeber to dress the tires before I post a picture,turn off huh.