PDA

View Full Version : good ole "Q-Tip" & EZ Detail

AdrianStewart
04-06-2009, 06:51 AM
what an awesome spring day yesterday!

I finally had a few hours to spend one on one with my nasty wheels - I picked up a trigger spray A2Z Eagle One at Advanced - as its new and I haven't tried it yet -

B I N G O!!! Finally - a spray that works well with the BMW brake dust that's been caked on (you have to agitate it - I used a "greenie/sponge") ... but not near as hard as I used to!

I used a whole bottle on 2 cars yesterday as I sprayed the inner part of the wheels and used the EZ Detail brush - I like it - not perfect unless you remove the tire, but it did a good job of reaching around the spokes

I spent about 30-45 minutes per wheel, rinse / brush with soapy water / rinse / spray A2Z / scrub-agitate / rinse / wipe dry / polish / buff with the drill fluff / black magic matte finish / QTip for the tiny creases that these stupid BMW wheels have that seem to be a magnet for brake dust!

hopefully, the rain will go away long enough for me to wash the rest of the car so I can hit it with SIP / Souveran!!!

NO PICS - the befores would be too embarrassing to post, I'll have afters when I complete the car

Meghan
04-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Look forward to seeing pics of those clean wheels.

elk42
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
what an awesome spring day yesterday!

I finally had a few hours to spend one on one with my nasty wheels - I picked up a trigger spray A2Z Eagle One at Advanced - as its new and I haven't tried it yet -

B I N G O!!! Finally - a spray that works well with the BMW brake dust that's been caked on (you have to agitate it - I used a "greenie/sponge") ... but not near as hard as I used to!

I used a whole bottle on 2 cars yesterday as I sprayed the inner part of the wheels and used the EZ Detail brush - I like it - not perfect unless you remove the tire, but it did a good job of reaching around the spokes

I spent about 30-45 minutes per wheel, rinse / brush with soapy water / rinse / spray A2Z / scrub-agitate / rinse / wipe dry / polish / buff with the drill fluff / black magic matte finish / QTip for the tiny creases that these stupid BMW wheels have that seem to be a magnet for brake dust!

hopefully, the rain will go away long enough for me to wash the rest of the car so I can hit it with SIP / Souveran!!!

NO PICS - the befores would be too embarrassing to post, I'll have afters when I complete the car so this eagle one wheel stuff is safe on our wheels? is it acidic? did you dilute it?

AdrianStewart
04-06-2009, 07:42 AM
no acid - very safe!

Brandon1
04-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Well...Its decently safe. Dont use it on uncoated wheels (even though it says it's ok). It is on the harsher side of wheel cleaners.

Also, I wouldnt use it everytime I washed my wheels. It strips the wax/sealant off the wheel. You'd be better off picking up some Poorboys Wheel Sealant, sealing the wheels, then washing with soap/water.

ScottB
04-06-2009, 04:17 PM
some OTC wheel cleaners use chemicals like lye which are just as harmful as acid. Treat lightly ...

A4 1.8tqm
04-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I have used both the trigger and aerosol type Eagle a2z wheel and tire cleaner and like the results, but even after a thorough rinse, if allowed to dry my brakes stick to the rotors making a loud crack when I pull away.

Anyone else experience anything similar?

ScottB
04-06-2009, 06:00 PM
some brake pads use metal ingredients as binders in the pad, likely they are rusting with the use of acids or other items. Not sure why they would crack but the rust buildup on rotors and pads can sometimes make a squeak/grinding or two under first use.

A4 1.8tqm
04-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Pretty new pads and rotors (replaced at the same time) but for some reason I went the cheap route. The one time I don't go to the Dealer and my ABS light comes on the same day, ### was I thinking?

I'm not happy with my brakes and I think its more of my pads/rotors being a shoddy product over the Eagle 1, which works like a champ.