PDA

View Full Version : Sealant

stove937
04-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Do you use sealant before or after wax?
Also, how do you completely strip wax off?
How do you use a paste wax?
What wax would you recommend?
And finally, what sealant do you recommend?

Sorry for the kinda noobish questions, but i am new to this.
Thanks for your help!

xcracer48
04-06-2009, 08:59 PM

Thanks for your help!

From what I have read use the sealant first and then carnuba paste wax. To apply paste wax just use a foam applicator pad and wipe off. I have heard klasse is a good sealant. And Pinnacle and Wolfgang are supposed to have the best paste waxes, but if money is an object then try out poorboy's natty's or XMT 180.

I haven't used those products but have read up on them. Maybe someone else will chip in.

hondajake
04-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I like doing two coats of Sealant, PB EX-P, and then two coats of Souvran. About 8-10 hours apart, takes the weekend...

xcracer48
04-06-2009, 09:07 PM
here is an article on wax vs. Sealant

Carnauba Car Wax vs. Paint Sealants, carnauba wax reviews, paint sealant reviews (http://www.autogeek.net/qude101.html)

Emile
04-06-2009, 10:47 PM

Thanks for your help!
1.) Sealant, then wax.
2.) You can use a polish such as Klasse AIO or do an alcohol wipe-down.
3.) Rub some wax on the applicator, then apply it onto the vehicle. Cover the whole vehicle, wait for it to dry, then buff it off.
4.) I like liquid waxes. I have recently become a fan of Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0 Liquid because it's so easy to apply and buff off and provides a damn decent shine. Good price too, around $20 for 18oz of wax.
5.) Duragloss #105 Total Performance Polish for cheap. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for expensive.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
04-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Use a sealant first. Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is a great sealant. Very slick and very wet looking. You have to let it cure for an hour before removing it with a high quality MF. Wait at least 12 hours, then you can apply a good nuba wax. Natty's Blue is a great wax for the price. Souveran paste is also very good. You can apply both the sealant and wax with a polyfoam applicator pad.