PDA

View Full Version : need help first time pc 7424 user

96svtmystic
04-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Im going to be detailing my 03 sonic blue cobra. i ordered the following products. poorboys ssr2.5, ssr1, black hole glaze and carnuba moose wax. i need help on the pads i should use and speeds for each step. i have swirls and scratches that im trying to minamize. from what i was told i need to use the ssr2.5 first ssr1 second black hole glaze third and moose wax as the final step.... i ordered the 7424 from here it came with 2 orange pads, two white pads .2 black pads and one blue pad.. thanks for anyfeedback

Feed back please

Emile
04-05-2009, 09:42 PM
SSR2.5 + Orange Pad. Then SSR1 + White Pad. Black Hole Glaze by hand, and the Moose Wax by hand.

Be sure to watch the polishing videos that Autogeek.net has posted on their website and on YouTube so you know what you are doing. The PC7424 and the products you have are only as effective as the way you use them.

vinnier6
04-06-2009, 06:51 AM
i would start with the least agressive approach first....start with the white pad and ssr1, if that doesnt get the results you desire, then move to the white pad and 2.5, if no good, then go to the above post....the least agressive the better for the long haul, remove the least amount of clear coat as possible...and also if the least agressive approach works, then it will save a polishing step wich will save time....

you can use the blue pad with the moose wax...

96svtmystic
04-06-2009, 10:20 AM
well I already tried the meguirs deep crystal 3 step paint cleaner,polish, wax. I wasn't happy with the results so I did some research and phone calls and ended up getting these products . I also ended up with scuff marks which I waS told is from using to much polish.

Harleyguy
04-06-2009, 01:04 PM
You can also use your black pad with the Poor boys black hole

96svtmystic
04-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Bump

96svtmystic
04-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Can there be days in between steps. I really don't have the time to complete the detail in one day .

Emile
04-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, provided you don't drive the vehicle. Or you can do what I do sometimes. I'll clean one panel up, such as the hood. Do the paint correction and then seal it up with the wax. And then the next day I'll do the same thing with the next panel. Once the whole vehicle is done, I wash the car thoroughly and then apply another coat of wax.