PDA

View Full Version : Clay Lubricant

Touchof Class
04-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey guys i hope all is well with you on this Saturday night. I have a question regarding clay lubricants. I have been using Wolfgang Clay Lubricant but just ran out today and am waiting to buy more when i get paid. Would it be ok if i were to use a spray detailer that contains no wax as a clay lubricant or should i stop by and buy some at autozone until i buy more here at autogeek? The spray detailer i have is clear and has the consistency of water. Thanks a ton and have a good rest of the weekend

NC.:R32
04-04-2009, 10:17 PM
i use

http://www.zerotohundred.com/wp-content/imagescaler/9459ca32261059fca05025e03936957e.jpg

Rsurfer
04-04-2009, 10:28 PM
You could use wash soap and water.

Touchof Class
04-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Awesome thanks a lot guys.I just wanted to make sure. I am working on a budget but don't want to lose results so i appreciate the help with this.

Jimmie
04-04-2009, 10:37 PM
You had one of the best, WG. For a good bang for the buck I started using DP 4 in 1 and haven't looked back. It doesn't take much to mix up a bottle. Just an ounce or two. I like mixing in the above Megs bottle for its sprayer.

Touchof Class
04-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks Jimmie i am going to try that. I was going to order more WG but i see that DP is buy 1 get 1 free so i will change my order. 64oz will last me forever as concentrated as it is. Thanks a ton that saved me a good bit of money. I am so thankful for this forum

supercharged
04-05-2009, 10:03 AM
I have not used Wolfgang Clay lube, but have used Pinnacle and DP. I love Pinnacle clay lube! It is so slick!!! It is very well worth the cost on your garage queen. Now if you are getting it for detailing business, don't go with Megs qd junk, it's like water in a bottle for $6 a bottle. You will be much better off getting Optimum No Rinse and make yourself some QD. 2 oz of No Rinse mixes with 1 gallon of water, and you have 1 gallon of clay lube. Now that cost efficient. I also like adding a few drops of Megs High Tech wash #00 for additional lubricity...

Jimmie
04-05-2009, 10:09 AM
You're welcome. Now you have a Rinseless wash too. Another trick is to add a capful to your wash bucket to cut down water spots (acts like a water softener).

ScottB
04-05-2009, 10:44 AM
DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss, no rinse car wash, concentrated no rinse wash, quick detail spray, waterless wash (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-rinseless-four-in-one.html)

I make my own and lots of it too .... best part you have a BOGO right now !