PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Poly Clay?

NickP
08-27-2006, 08:30 PM
It seems to be a very good deal for the money.. It appears to be a very fine clay. Any feedback on this stuff??

*Edit* I was looking at the Ultra Poly Clay, The tealish looking bar..

FloridaNative
08-27-2006, 08:45 PM
The Ultra Poly Clay is an enthusiasts clay. It is meant for people whose cars are in tip top shape and who want to keep it that way. The regular clay bar is meant to only be used every 6 months to a year for contamination removal. The Ultra Poly clay can be used as often as you like and it will not compromise the LSP. The kit is the best way to go for value. I hope this answers your questions. :)

NickP
08-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Thank You and great response. IMO a great idea by pinnacle... Every clay I have ever tested has stripped anything bonded to the paint including any layers of protection. I'll defintely have to give this a shot on my own vehicles. Not to sure how many times I'll end up using it on Customer Vehicles as the finishes are usually... well.... in pretty rough shape to say the least.

FloridaNative
08-27-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah your customers would most likely need the regular Poly clay (yellow bar). I use the Ultra Poly on mine and love it! I clay about once a month with it. :)

supercharged
08-27-2006, 11:15 PM
I use Ultra Poly clay with Pinnacle clay lubricant on my car and absoulutely love it. It's a finer grade clay, and Pinnacle claims that it won't remove wax. I still rewax after clay(I clay once a month hood , fenders, roof, and trunk lid), I mean reSouveran.;) That will make sure I have a fresh coat of wax on it.

Clay lubricant provides a lot of lubricity, and has a pleasant melon smell, which you should like also.

Strongly recommended.