PDA

View Full Version : do i need a finishing polish?

drastic_detail
04-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I just received my pc along with verious pads, white, orange, gray and blue. Also have optimum polish2 and optimum compound2. My question is will I need a finishing polish or can I use the OP and a blue pad to finish? My plan was to use OC and a white pad if needed,if not OP and orange than OP and white than OP and blue? Gray?I also have XMT 2 at my disposal, can I through this in the mix? The car is a dark gray Lincoln Ls with moderate swrils. Also can I use OP and a white or gray pad as a 1 step on other peoples cars just to liven up the paint before wax?

vinnier6
04-01-2009, 11:40 PM
you can use op as a finishing polish no problem...op can be used as a pad dependent polish...so if you want it to be agressive use an orange pad, if you want to finish with it, use a white or gray pad....i dont know if a blue pad is dense enough to work op....you can try with the blue, but i dont usually use blue pads...gray seems to been enough for my car....

in your case, you might want to start with op and white and see what kind of results you get...if its not enough, use the orange pad and check your work...if the orange pad gets the results you want, then yes, go down afterwards to white or gray....its a trial and error type of routine until you find what works best...