PDA

View Full Version : equipment for my detailng business

gto19
04-01-2009, 10:55 AM
so im new thats for sure but have been keeping my cars spotless for some time now.im gonna start part time detailng for friends and hopefully turn it into a good little gig for me. I need equipment

first im thinking a 50 gallon water tank to go into the back of my truck.i want to be able to remove everything when im not using the equipment.you know the bikes have to go in the back on the weekands.

so will my honda troybuilt 2500 psi work that i bought from home depot work or do i need a special pressure washer that will pump from a water tank?

also a foam cannon ,is this better than just using a soap bucket with a mit?

i was going to buy the aztec or the mytee lite 8070 .what do you guys think.

also will my honda eu2000 generator work or should i buy the eu3000?

i already have the porter cable 7424

i have saved money and want to buy the right equipment once.so will will you guys help me spend my money?:cheers:

img
04-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Try the new Tornador guns--interior ease of use/time);
exterior=foamer (wow them from the onset, and you'll have folks asking about it.

get er done

SpotlessDetail
05-25-2009, 12:30 PM
First off I have the mytee lite extractor and I love it. 50 gallons would be plenty if your using a pressure washer 100% of the time as they use less water. I dont use foam guns because you need to watch the amount of chemicals and water you are letting off in some areas. (run off) Also the 3000 watt generator would be overkill. I have an 1800 watt and its more than enough to run my extractor (1000 watts) and my vac or pretty much whatever else I'm trying to get done waiting for it to heat. If your pressure washer has a General Pump or a Cat Pump on it it will be fine just dont let the level get to low. You can see pics of my setup if you like. Search for "my mobile rig". Hope this helps

Showroom Shine
05-26-2009, 06:11 AM
The Tornadors are nice pieces of equipment. But you have to have a large compressor. I have a 6 gallon pancake and it bleeds it down real quick. I don't know what size the mobile guys are carring, but it's a great tool. I still have mine if anyone is interested. PM me!