PDA

View Full Version : need best wax

Pages : [1] 2

skmartin6
03-31-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi, new to the forum. I just finished a 1966 GTO. It's painted black w/ dupont centari single stage paint. Needing some help picking out the best wax for this type of paint. Also wondering if anyone makes a duster for light dusting that doesn't scratch the paint. I appreciate any help I can get, got allot in this car and want to keep it as nice as I can. Thanks

Emile
03-31-2009, 03:51 PM
It depends on how much you want to spend on the wax. Pinnacle has a great reputation and offers a variety of carnauba paste waxes for any budget.

As for removing dust, a nice microfiber towel and maybe a matching quick detailer will do the best job. For example, Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray if you get a Pinnacle wax.

For what it's worth, I've recently been running Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax Liquid on my Obsidian Black G35 Coupe and it's surprisingly nice for a value-oriented wax. Brings out a nice deep dark shine with really colorful reflectivity. Easy on, super easy off, and it's around $17-$20 for an 18oz bottle so you can't go wrong with that.

RaskyR1
03-31-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi, new to the forum. I just finished a 1966 GTO. It's painted black w/ dupont centari single stage paint. Needing some help picking out the best wax for this type of paint. Also wondering if anyone makes a duster for light dusting that doesn't scratch the paint. I appreciate any help I can get, got allot in this car and want to keep it as nice as I can. Thanks

This is a very subjective question and you will get many different answers. Best to try out a few and decide for yourself.

.......:Picture:

loudog2
03-31-2009, 06:18 PM
I agree with Rasky. Everyone has a different opinion, and how much are you willing to spend? I'd say NO to the duster. Get a good QD and some microfiber towels.

ScottB
03-31-2009, 06:33 PM
Pinnacle Souveran Paste or Wolfgang Fuzion ....accept no substitute and prep well in advance as they are pure carnauba waxes.

loudog2
03-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Pinnacle Souveran Paste or Wolfgang Fuzion ....accept no substitute and prep well in advance as they are pure carnauba waxes.
Those are 2 of my favorites. I just ordered some RBOE, I'll see if that is added to the favorite list.

nitro78
03-31-2009, 06:44 PM
pinnacle sov, fuzion and rubbish boys original edition are my three favs also

akimel
03-31-2009, 09:36 PM
So many, many, many, many choices! In addition to Fuzion, Souveran, and RBOE, consider the following: Chemical Guys' 50/50, P21S 100%, Victoria Concours Red, Harly Wax, Meguiar's M26, NXT, Lusso Oro, Poor Boys' Natty's Blue, Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax.

And given that you have single-stage paint, consider applying Megs' #7 before applying your chosen wax.

termigator
03-31-2009, 09:59 PM

Just wondering: Does the car need to be polished or are we to assume that it's been done and you just want an LSP at this point?

Preacher
04-01-2009, 12:34 AM
I have been experimenting with several high end wax's lately and supernatural is my favorite right now. Fuzion is really nice as well. Fuzion had better durability then SN for me. It depends on what you want to spend, what look you like. I would try several and see. So many favorite brands on here, tough question.

supercharged
04-01-2009, 01:18 AM
:iagree::whs: or Dodo Juice SuperNatural!

skmartin6
04-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Thanks guys, I new I would probably get a lot of different opinions but being a single stage paint if there was something made special for it. I want something that's going to protect the paint plus a deep wet look. The car is store in my garage covered. I've used the NXT,P21s on my other cars. After the final buffing of the car I used some Zymol paste wax I had to remove the swirl marks. But like I said I didn't know if I needed something special or just a good carnauba. Again thanks

Meghan
04-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Thanks guys, I new I would probably get a lot of different opinions but being a single stage paint if there was something made special for it. I want something that's going to protect the paint plus a deep wet look. The car is store in my garage covered. I've used the NXT,P21s on my other cars. After the final buffing of the car I used some Zymol paste wax I had to remove the swirl marks. But like I said I didn't know if I needed something special or just a good carnauba. Again thanks

So lets start from the beginning, do you have swirl marks now? Because paste wax will not remove them you might not see them as well but they are still there. In that case you will need to polish the car first. And since it is single stage I would go with something like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant (for durability and protection) then follow up with a carnauba of your choice. Just my .02 :D

skmartin6
04-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks Meghan that helps allot.

Wendell Jarvis
04-01-2009, 08:33 AM
:iagree::whs::cheers: