PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here w/ a M105 / M205 question

GXPWeasel
03-31-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi guys. I've been on several car forums for several years now, and just joined this great site about a week ago. Anyway, I have a question regarding some Meg's 105 & M205, that I couldn't find the answer to in a search.

I have an '01 Silverado, black, that needs some paint correction. I just purchased the PC7424, and I want to try out some M105 / M205 on the truck, but I'm not sure how much it will or should take to do a complete buff on the the truck with both 105 & 205. It is an extended cab short bed, and has the typical hazing and spider webbing that you would see on a well taken care of, 80,000 mile vehicle. (Although it has almost 200,000 miles).

Can anyone give me a guess as if a 12oz. sampler size should get me by on the M105 and M205 for this truck. I am not sure exactly what product I want to use yet, but thought I would try the Meguiars first. I don't want to buy to much, incase I don't like it.

Thanks in advance for your help. :D

Matt S.
03-31-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi guys. I've been on several car forums for several years now, and just joined this great site about a week ago. Anyway, I have a question regarding some Meg's 105 & M205, that I couldn't find the answer to in a search.

I have an '01 Silverado, black, that needs some paint correction. I just purchased the PC7424, and I want to try out some M105 / M205 on the truck, but I'm not sure how much it will or should take to do a complete buff on the the truck with both 105 & 205. It is an extended cab short bed, and has the typical hazing and spider webbing that you would see on a well taken care of, 80,000 mile vehicle. (Although it has almost 200,000 miles).

Can anyone give me a guess as if a 12oz. sampler size should get me by on the M105 and M205 for this truck. I am not sure exactly what product I want to use yet, but thought I would try the Meguiars first. I don't want to buy to much, incase I don't like it.

Thanks in advance for your help. :D

12 ounces is FAR more than enough. You can probably do the whole truck 3 times with that amount. Both products should be used very sparingly, especially 105 which likes to gum up pads quickly when too much product is used.

akimel
03-31-2009, 12:03 PM
When I read the title of this article from the recent threads page ("Newbie here w/ a M105 ..."), my first thought was "Oh my goodness, someone has weaponized Meguiar's new compound." :D

Matt S.
03-31-2009, 12:05 PM
When I read the title of this article from the recent threads page ("Newbie here w/ a M105 ..."), my first thought was "Oh my goodness, someone has weaponized Meguiar's new compound." :D

I cracked up when Mike Phillips was talking about Pre-Ban M16 at Detail Fest (any gun nut would think of a pre-1994 M16 rifle), then I realized he was talking about the Megs #16 wax he got before it was banned. :eek:

Junebug
03-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Hey - better buy all the AR-15's you can now, while you can before the gov-ment decides what's best for you.

Harleyguy
03-31-2009, 07:53 PM
I cracked up when Mike Phillips was talking about Pre-Ban M16 at Detail Fest (any gun nut would think of a pre-1994 M16 rifle), then I realized he was talking about the Megs #16 wax he got before it was banned. :eek:I just picked up a brand new can of the Pre-Ban wax M16.

Hey - better buy all the AR-15's you can now, while you can before the gov-ment decides what's best for you.There is a ammo shortage all over the country now.Can't find 9mm/45/or even 30-30