PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned or Stained Worse Question

muddy
03-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Here's an interesting one...

I had some soda stains on the drivers side fabric seat (called steel cloth color) and tried to clean them up with AA Oxi Magic that has been sitting around for a few years. Where I sprayed the cleaner the seat is a bit darker in that spot. I used a wet dry vac after letting the cleaner sit for about 5 minutes.

Do you think this could be that the area I sprayed is actually the correct clean color or can products that cause colorfast issues make fabric actually darker? I am not sure if it's clean or stained darker considering that when I am not sitting in the seat the sun is usually hitting that area. Any thoughts?

Rsurfer
03-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Here's an interesting one...

I had some soda stains on the drivers side fabric seat (called steel cloth color) and tried to clean them up with AA Oxi Magic that has been sitting around for a few years. Where I sprayed the cleaner the seat is a bit darker in that spot. I used a wet dry vac after letting the cleaner sit for about 5 minutes.

Do you think this could be that the area I sprayed is actually the correct clean color or can products that cause colorfast issues make fabric actually darker? I am not sure if it's clean or stained darker considering that when I am not sitting in the seat the sun is usually hitting that area. Any thoughts?
Try doing a section on the side that won't be noticeable. If it's the same as the cleaned area, you can do the whole seat. If it's faded, I would still do the whole seat. Try using Folex instead.

ScottB
03-30-2009, 05:22 PM
could also be the product "sitting" around for a few years, maybe the oxygen activators are long gone. Folex is a nice idea ...

AeroCleanse
03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
could also be the product "sitting" around for a few years, maybe the oxygen activators are long gone. Folex is a nice idea ...

When is AutoGeek going to start carrying Folex :)

muddy
03-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I will try Folex. Since the Geek doesn't carry it, are there any places other than Home Depot that you've seen it at?

Jimmie
03-30-2009, 07:12 PM
I will try Folex. Since the Geek doesn't carry it, are there any places other than Home Depot that you've seen it at?

Some markets but have only seen gallon size offered at HD.