PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Questions....

oski83
03-28-2009, 09:51 PM
With all the different types of MF Towels out in the market I had a few questions....

1-Where can I find the best priced/qty set? Prefereably Cobra MF Towels. Looking for the most MF at the lowest price? Maybe in bulk?

2-Which Cobra (or other manufacturer) Towels do you use for each application. (ie-Waffle Weave for drying) to avoid cross-contamination of products used? Theres so many weights and colors!
Looking to see which is the best for: (in either towel weight like 70/30 or Cobra colors)
1-MF Towel for wiping off Buffing out wax/Polish residue?
2-MF Towel for wiping off after Engine Detailing?
3-MF Towel for drying after Wheel Detailing?
4-MF Towel for wiping off residue from Interior Vinyl Seats?
5-MF Towel for wiping off residue from Interior Seude/Alacantra inserts?
6-MF Towel for wiping off residue from Interior Vinyl Dashes/Cockpit Parts?
7-MF Towel for wiping off residue from Interior Plastic/Plexi?
8-MF Towel for cleaning Interior/Ext. Glass?
9-MF Towel for wiping off residue from Carpet/Spot Cleaner?(after wet vac)
10-MF Bonnets

3-Now with soooooo many different types of chemicals being used for soooo many applications (listed above), would it be safe to toss them ALL in the same wash with a MF Rejuvinator or MF Detergent? Im concerned about mixing so many towels with so many chemicals combined(cross contamination).
With limited washing/detailing I do, I wouldnt have enough of "each" towel to do seperate loads (probably 8-10) This include washing these MF Applicator Pads in the same load-
MF Applicator Pad for Vinyl/Rubber Trims
MF Applicator Pads for Vinyl/leather Upholstery Cleaner
MF Applicator Pad for Vinyl/leather Upholstery Protector
MF Applicator Pad for Suede Cleaner
MF Applicator Pad for Suede Protector
MF Applicator Pad for Interior Vinyl Dashes/Cockpit Parts
MF Applicator Pad for Interior Plastics/Plexi

Thanks for all your inputs!!! ;)

elk42
03-29-2009, 07:10 AM
buy one get one free cobras are where i started. try them out before you buy these towels in bulk. i just picked up some chemical guys towels for a great price to try those out as well. OTC towels i have used are Viking and Vroom. Good for the price. As for cleaning, wash the towels seperately from other wash. and never use fabric softener when drying. i put the wash cycle on warm/cold and on delicate. i dry on delicate as well. good luck. its fun to shop for towel deals. try out the above and then you can decide on "bulk" buying.

ScottB
03-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html)

Bogo area is always a great starting place for towels. You can indeed wash them together (well glass towels should be washed seperately) with a dedicated MF Cleansing product but keep away from all other laundry and never use Fabric Softner.

Towels:
Washing -- Thick mitt or Small Thick MF Towel
Drying --- Guzzler
Polish Removal -- Indigos
Lt Wax Buffing --- Thick Supremes, Jrs
Qding --- Thick towels like Supremes, Jrs, and Shamrocks
Glass --- MF WW Glass Towels

oski83
03-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys...
Ive done some reasech on proper maintenance of MF towels which is why I looked at a MF Rejuv. Some say it works best with MF Towels and other brands say both MF Towels AND MF Pads can be cleaned w/ it...which pad cleaner maker do you guys use?

As far as the Cobra Indigo, Ive read they tend to curl up and the Artic White Seamless seem to be the way to go...any experience with it?

DiPaoro
03-29-2009, 11:42 AM
The Cobra Indigo (blue) do in fact roll on me. However, they do work well and I plan to continue using them.

Jimmie
03-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html)

Bogo area is always a great starting place for towels. You can indeed wash them together (well glass towels should be washed seperately) with a dedicated MF Cleansing product but keep away from all other laundry and never use Fabric Softner.

Towels:
Washing -- Thick mitt or Small Thick MF Towel
Drying --- Guzzler
Polish Removal -- Indigos
Lt Wax Buffing --- Thick Supremes, Jrs
Qding --- Thick towels like Supremes, Jrs, and Shamrocks
Glass --- MF WW Glass Towels
:iagree::whs: exact line-up I use. Occassionally, I'll also have to wash Guzzlers by themselves to renew absorbency. Always Glass WW alone.

ScottB
03-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Microrestore is fine for MF towels, I prefer DP Pad Rejuvinator for pads specifically.

loudog2
03-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks guys...
Ive done some reasech on proper maintenance of MF towels which is why I looked at a MF Rejuv. Some say it works best with MF Towels and other brands say both MF Towels AND MF Pads can be cleaned w/ it...which pad cleaner maker do you guys use?

As far as the Cobra Indigo, Ive read they tend to curl up and the Artic White Seamless seem to be the way to go...any experience with it?
It happens to me all the time. I hate it. The arctic white edgeless don't roll like the indigo's. The fabric has a little more grip. The indigo's do do a great job a wax and polish removal though.

dublifecrisis
03-30-2009, 08:10 PM
I picked up some newly released Vikings from Kmart this past weekend. they're shaggy like Chewbacca! I gave them a light prewash but haven't used them yet. They feel nice and still have the old satin edge like the green ones....just a longer pile and different color.

VISITOR
03-30-2009, 09:57 PM
I picked up some newly released Vikings from Kmart this past weekend. they're shaggy like Chewbacca! I gave them a light prewash but haven't used them yet. They feel nice and still have the old satin edge like the green ones....just a longer pile and different color.

nice, i been looking around at my local k-mart and all they have are empty shelves with the description sticker and no product. i'll have to check back again...