PDA

View Full Version : Lakeland Pad Cleaning

DiPaoro
03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
How do you guys go about cleaning your CCS pads?

I have the pinnacle pad cleaner but wondering if there is a faster and easier method for cleaning the pads.

Dsoto87
03-27-2009, 09:27 PM
I use microfiber detergent mixed up in a spray bottle. Spray the pad good. Agitate with a brush and rinse them out.

I dont think its going to get any quicker than what your doing

For hand applicators I use dawn power dissolve. Works excellent. I just dont use it on pads since I dont want the dawn to attack the adhesive between the pad and velcro.

loudog2
03-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Dp pad rejuvenator. Mix it in a 5 gallon bucket, soak the opad for 15 minutes. Then rub the polish out with your thumb. Repeat the process again. After that rinse them out with water, squeeze and dry felt side up.

Bunky
03-28-2009, 07:21 AM
I use microfiber detergent mixed up in a spray bottle. Spray the pad good. Agitate with a brush and rinse them out.

Do you thin (dilute) it when you put in the spray bottle?

Jimmie
03-28-2009, 11:31 AM
I've used Pinnacle Pad Cleaner for years because I've always felt it was the quickest and easiest. Plus it does a good job. I spray it on; work it in with pad brush and water; let sit; rinse later.
Heavy wax coated CCS pads I use Dawn Power Disolver. It seems to do better removing a paste wax.

DiPaoro
03-28-2009, 03:35 PM
I suppose any type of brush will work?

Thinking tooth brush?

Jimmie
03-28-2009, 07:39 PM
I suppose any type of brush will work?

Thinking tooth brush?

This one. Foam Pad Conditioning Brush cleans and reconditions foam and wool pads on the buffer. remove excess caked wax and polish from buffing pads. (http://www.autogeek.net/padtool.html) . You need a little more stiffness than a toothbrush.