PDA

View Full Version : Interior Detailing

oski83
03-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Hoping some more experienced pro-detailers can share some techniques and suggest some products to use.....
I have a custom interior done on 1 of my cars....
Originally it came with Leather but when it needed a makeover, I re-did for shows I went with Faux-Leather vinyl with Suade Inserts...Also had Suade Inserts on Door panels where it had what looked like vinyl and along the back interior panels (inserts)
Also had the Glove Box lid and Arm rest done in suade.

What cleaners/protectors would best suit the Suade?

What cleaners/protectors would best suit the Vinyl?

What would be the best method on cleaning vinyl seats without damaging suade insterts?

What would be the best method on cleaning vinyl and plastic parts on dash and around armrest without damaging suade Glove Box lid and Armrest cover?

Would Spray and wipe application be better or should I use a thicker gel-like product applied on MF or Terry pad and then wipe off?

Also, which would result with a more 'matt' look (semi-glossy at most)?
Thanks all! ;) :)

Pic for reference-
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i37/oski83/AccordPIX/MVC-024S-3.jpg

GMC83
03-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Apc

img
03-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Tornador

oski83
03-26-2009, 11:19 PM
sorry guys...
1-I cant see myself going out and buying a $130 tornador PLUS air compressor since I dont own 1 just to clean an interior that is not that dirty to begin with...its not a daily driven car, no 1 eats food inside it, and rarely used(weekend car)
2-APC? Really? On Suade? Im not sure if using the same all purpose cleaner I would use to clean my engine bay would be right choice to clean interior suade seats...
maybe its just me but I would think that there are other products besides APC that pro-detailers have not only used but give them high ratings for this application. Thanks

Anyone else?

judyb
03-27-2009, 02:56 AM
Is this suede (leather) or a fabric like alcantara?. If it is leather then it should not be wet cleaned. If it is alcantara it should not be over wetted or solvent cleaned as there is a risk of delamination.
If it is genuine suede then you should really use a 'dry' process like a nubuck cloth and napping brush together with a protector to keep it looking good.

Hope this helps

D
03-27-2009, 06:36 AM
Leather Masters makes products for those applications.

Emile
03-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Einszett Cockpit Premium!