PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Water SPots from side molding

XtreMeAuto
08-26-2006, 12:25 PM
i was wondering what is the safest and best way to do this? is there a solution without replacing it?.. please advice..

thanks

Surfer
08-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Klasse AIO should work.

On my suv (Mountaineer) it has painted/cleared bumbers, sides etc. I used AIO on a custom 4" Blue pad made by Edge for the PC. Worked great, that was back in June, the bumpers and sides still bead like crazy today. Got rid of the waterspots and other stains as well (front A/T tires kick stuff up).

ScottB
08-26-2006, 12:34 PM
side molding painted or are they black rubber ??

XtreMeAuto
08-26-2006, 01:19 PM
im sorry.. i shouldve been more specific.. these are actually plastic side moldings.. Surfer, thanks for ur response.. i think ur refering to painted moldings..

What is the best way to remove water spots from plastic moldings..

buff it out, using a non-cutting pad?

i hope this clears it up..

Surfer
08-26-2006, 02:10 PM
im sorry.. i shouldve been more specific.. these are actually plastic side moldings.. Surfer, thanks for ur response.. i think ur refering to painted moldings..

What is the best way to remove water spots from plastic moldings..

buff it out, using a non-cutting pad?

i hope this clears it up..Yup on my suv the bumper and lower side moldings are painted/cleared to match each other (looks sharp). But right above the lower sides is a plastic molding strip with "Mountaineer" Etched into it that has a flake like coating. I don't use the PC on that as it looks like it would eat right through the paint, I just used AIO on a micrfiber pad and buffed away.

XtreMeAuto
08-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Yup on my suv the bumper and lower side moldings are painted/cleared to match each other (looks sharp). But right above the lower sides is a plastic molding strip with "Mountaineer" Etched into it that has a flake like coating. I don't use the PC on that as it looks like it would eat right through the paint, I just used AIO on a micrfiber pad and buffed away.

:righton: AWESOME Surfer.. i have AIO coming so i will try it.. if it works..:cheers: on me..

carnut00
08-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Also if you have it you may wanna try vanilla moose. I found it works great for stains on trim

Mike52
07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I have some chrome/plastic trim on my 2006 Audi doors. It looks spotted & it appears that it's previous owner had tried to clean the plastic/chrome (?) trim with something that wasn't chrome friendly. From what I'm reading in the various posts I'm guessing they could be wax or paint sealant.
What can I do to restore the finish to this strip of chrome/plastic trim on the doors? Is the Klasse AIO the best product for this.?? I read the product description & it looks like it's more geared for paint than chrome.