PDA

View Full Version : Remove contamination from windshield?

Emile
03-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi,

How do I remove contaminates from my cars' windshields? On the G35, I have tried using Einszett Glas Polish with an Orange Light Cutting Pad, and last night I did Optimum Poli-Seal with a White Polishing Pad. There seems to be no difference. I have tried claying the glass (granted, with soft clay) and that seems to make no improvement, either.

On my last Autogeek order, I purchased a Lake Country Glass Polishing Pad. Should I try that with Poli-Seal (or Einszett Glas Polish), or should I order a Yellow Cutting Pad and use it with Poli-Seal? Or maybe it's time for the Glass Leveling Pad that Autogeek sells? Einszett Glas Polish seems to suck with applying by machine because it hazes over too quickly, but Poli-Seal loves glass as much as it loves paint!

Any help is appreciated, I just want a super clean windshield because after 13K miles on the Subaru and I think 24K miles on the G35, their windshields need some real cleaning !!!

Thanks,
Emile

bill walsh
03-23-2009, 06:44 PM
try boniami cleanser it will not damage glass and will clean the windshield up great

Craig
03-23-2009, 08:19 PM
You don't want Bon Ami cleanser, you want Bon Ami cleaning powder.
Be safe, do a Google search.