PDA

View Full Version : Matching products with pads.....take a look, need opinions.

KenSekiguchi
03-22-2009, 06:08 PM
OK, so the weather in Chicago has been getting warmer and warmer, not yet warm enough though, and I am getting ready for my first detail on my 2002 Subaru WRX (World Rally Blue). I need some opinions on which product to use with which pad on my new FLEX XC3401. I am planning on using the following (in that order):

- Menzerna SIP on LC CCS Yellow **EDIT: I meant Orange, sorry **
- Menzerna SIP on LC CCS White
- Menzerna Nano on LC CCS Green
- Klasse AIO on LC CCS Gray
- Klasse SG on LC CCS Blue
(two coats, 12+ hours between coats)
- Pinnacle Souveran on LC CCS Red

I know a lot of you have said that the AIO and SG are not needed after the Menzerna steps, but I would like to try it out and see what the results are. I have also opted for two coats of SG and one coat of Souveran to try to get the most depth and wetness.

I am just looking to get everyone's opinion on if the product/pad combination is suitable, I am aware that certain products work better with certain pads.

Hopefully it gets into the 60's here in a few weeks, so I can get started and take some pics for you guys. Thanks.

*** EDIT: One more thing, for those that own a FLEX, what speeds would you recommend for each step, this is my first time using a random orbital. ***

Harleyguy
03-22-2009, 06:26 PM
There really isn't a pad order.Why are you starting with the yellow pad .Start with a test panel and see if you get the correction that you are trying to get with the white pad .Start with the least aggressive and product first and then move your way up.Also need to know how much swirls you have and what are you trying to correct

loudog2
03-22-2009, 06:47 PM
It's warm enough. I detailed my girlfriends car last weekend, and mine this weekend. Not full details, but touch-ups and wax.

Flex speed is 3 to spread, then 6 to polish. A yellow pad is probally way to aggresive. Try the white first with the SIP, then go to the orange after that.

I would apply the souveran by hand. It would be a lot easier that way.

KenSekiguchi
03-22-2009, 06:48 PM
I know that there really isn't a pad order. My paint has severe swirls and light scratches due to the fact that the car probably hasn't been properly detailed in a long time, if ever. I'm going off of what I have seen after it's been through the automatic car wash. That's why I have selected the pads in the first post.