PDA

View Full Version : Feeln' Good

JoeD
08-26-2006, 09:53 AM
I am one of those nuts, like some of us here, who is always detailing and QD'n their car and putting it away looking good and trying to keep up the great shine. But after awhile I start to get use too the great shine until I take the car out and park it. Then notice the unbelievable difference from the other cars. The feeling of pride and a little smile on my face just makes me want to keep doing this crazy stuff called "Detailing":awesome:

FloridaNative
08-26-2006, 10:25 AM
:) I second your thoughts and observations and will add one more. For me, it is not only about the end result and knowing I have the best looking car on the block, it's also about the actual doing of the detailing. I enjoy going out there with my headphones on, getting lost in some good tunes and spending the day carressing and pampering my baby. It is therapy/escape from reality for awhile for me. Kind of like how a runner gets nuts if he/she has to miss a day of running and is restless and anxious "to get out there" , that is how I am if the weather or schedule is forbidding me from "getting out there" to my baby. I have totally bonded with my car and I love spending time on her, cleaning her up and making her glow. :):cheers:

ScottB
08-26-2006, 12:27 PM
I personally like it best, when someone walks by the car/truck, and comments on how nice and new it looks. Even before they realize I own it and did it. I rather enjoy the neighbors comments also.

sparkie
08-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, Paint is polished to perection, chrome sparkies, Ahhh! The pride of my ride!!!!!

trl2112
08-26-2006, 02:10 PM
I too feel the same way. The other day a co-worker said "hey did you get a new car, I like it". I laughed and said nope it's a 02.

bluzman
08-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Couldnt agree more ladies and gents!! I love walking out of store and eyeing my baby way out in the parking lot by itself!! JUst sittin there looking pretty!!

99 hardtop
08-28-2006, 10:45 AM
I personally like it best, when someone walks by the car/truck, and comments on how nice and new it looks. Even before they realize I own it and did it. I rather enjoy the neighbors comments also.

:iagree: Could not agree more. I was at corvettes at carlisle this past week end and the number of compliments received was great. I enjoy the comments from other corvette nuts. :applause: