PDA

View Full Version : Advice on quick Wheel cleaning

naVyXV
03-22-2009, 03:38 AM
So im starting a mobile detailing business, itll be great in my area.

So far I'm solid on most of the products I have so far. The one thing I'm scratching my head about is definitely the wheels.

Im trying to make a Cheap package since our economy is currently crap.

So far i've got everything down, except the wheels.

- The wheels, simply take too much time and labor to do which is fine on a more expensive detailing package, but for a cheap one, i need a process that takes cares of wheels quickly.

- Currently im just using Optimum's ONR wash and brushes to scrub the wheels. It does the job, but it takes a good amount of minutes for each wheel, which is fine for a more expensive detailing package.

- Im also using Armor Alls Tire Shine Gel, I've tried a few more expensive products such as Optimum's Tire Shine, but The cheap Armor All Tire shine just gives a truly amazing wet gloss and spreads like butter. Did i also mention its crazy CHEAP :D

2 Questions

#1. Does anyone recommend a more efficient way to quickly clean Tires/Rims with a product that is relatively inexpensive.

- I tried Stoner's wheel cleaning aerosol product, it worked well and i barely even had to wipe it down, however it has a chance of staining a customers driveway which i don't think i can risk.

Oh and i can't use a pressure washer

#2. Chrome polish

- Still haven't found a cost effective chrome polish, anyone got any ideas?

Any info greatly appreciated :D -Byron

ScottB
03-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Megs and Poorboys makes some great wheel cleaners and likely can buy them in bulk, but harsh for all wheel types and in professional setting you dont want insurance claims.

For dressing look to the new Optimum Optibond dressing or spray. Both look incredible, dry fast, and reasonable in price.

As for chrome polish, your gonna pay alot for the best of the best. Price being a consideration look to Flitz or Mothers. Both are nice and wont break the bank.

drastic_detail
03-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Duragloss for wheels. ARO for tires. And PB for your dressing. All cheap, all work great!

GMC83
03-22-2009, 05:18 PM
hot rins cgrome polish jm,

Bunky
03-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Duragloss for wheels. ARO for tires. And PB for your dressing. All cheap, all work great!

I got some ARO this weekend. I plan to try it out very soon on tires.

pricha00
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Bunky you will be amazed....the brown just rolls off the tires with the ARO.

Pat.

BenzDetailer
04-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Any Grime and Brake Dust you take off a wheel will probably stain the customers driveway especially if it is bare concrete or Pavers. The stronger the wheel cleaner the more likely the grime is to stay in suspension until you can rinse it away.

charliehaley
04-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I would try something like purple power or another apc. you can buy purple power at walmart by the gallon very cheap and diluted 50/50 it is safe on nearly all factory wheels as long as you don't let it dry but that's with all apc.