PDA

View Full Version : Gray, blue, or red pad for final wax?

Pages : [1] 2

Kobe24
03-21-2009, 08:45 PM
My first step I used Megs Ultimate Compound with an orange pad, next I used Megs #7 with a white pad, last I used Megs #26 with the blue pad. Anything I should have done differently? I have some megs #6 I almost used but wasn't sure when I should have used it. It looks really good and I will try and get some pics tomorrow.:buffing:

EDIT-What speed should I have the PC 7424 on for waxing?

ScottB
03-22-2009, 08:04 AM
each pad companies colored pads are different. Look for a finishing or finessing pad when using for wax. Keep speed low, around 3, as youll spit for no benefit.

Kobe24
03-22-2009, 02:11 PM
each pad companies colored pads are different. Look for a finishing or finessing pad when using for wax. Keep speed low, around 3, as youll spit for no benefit.I got the kit from here which comes with the CCS pads and the instructions say the gray and blue pads are both for waxing. Can I put another coat of wax on top of my other coat I just put on? Thanks!!

Rsurfer
03-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Yes you can, but you will be removing some of the first layer that you put on. I would wait a day or two before applying your second coat.

Surfer
03-22-2009, 08:36 PM
I got the kit from here which comes with the CCS pads and the instructions say the gray and blue pads are both for waxing. Can I put another coat of wax on top of my other coat I just put on? Thanks!!Does it have a listing or something saying the firmness or anything? Like the Edge pads I have Blue can be used for waxing, and white can as well and the white is considered their "finesse" pad. Though when I did wax, I used the PC and a 4" Blue Edge pad that I had custom made before they came out, for some reason its even much softer then the 6" white pad and holds wax well so it makes quick work of a truck with the PC. Much quicker then by hand lol.

steedafocusgirl
03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
I have heard that the blue and gray pads are softer than the red pads??

I have always used the red pad for my waxes at a low speed. I dont have any blue or grey pads.

termigator
03-24-2009, 04:22 PM
If they're LC pads, the red will be softer than the gray. Don't know whether red is softer or blue. I don' t know if there is company out there that makes both blue and red, but generally, the red and blue pads are supposed to be for LSP's. The gray from most companies are supposed to be for glazing and waxing.

Emile
03-25-2009, 10:31 AM
In terms of softness, it's gray, blue, and then red. Red being the softest.

For paste waxes and cleaner waxes, I would use a gray pad. For sealants, I would use blue.

Brian_Brice
03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
The red is supposedly identical to blue in terms of mechanical action and softness. Using a pc I would recommend using grey to finish.

Also I wouldn't recommend using #7 via any machine as its designed to be spread by hand and quickly removed.

img
03-25-2009, 01:48 PM
The gold is the softest

termigator
03-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Also I wouldn't recommend using #7 via any machine as its designed to be spread by hand and quickly removed.[/quote]

That's good to know. I used 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze on the PC and it was quite hard getting off after wiping of the excess.

Kobe24
03-27-2009, 10:14 PM
What should I use after M105 or Ms Ultra compound? What exactly are the red pads for. I just bought some form AG afer I bought my new kit. They are the CCS pads. I can use them for wax right?

Dsoto87
03-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Red is usually for wax or glaze. I dont really know the difference between red and blue if there is any.

Kobe24
03-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Red is usually for wax or glaze. I dont really know the difference between red and blue if there is any.Thanks for the reply. Seems like there are too many different pads. LOL. Seams like gray, blue, and red can all be used for the same things.

Dsoto87
03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Well grey has a very very little cut whereas red and blue have none at all