PDA

View Full Version : Sanding Pads. Has Anyone Used Them?

oldmodman
03-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Since Cyclo makes soft foam backed sanding discs in 2400, 4000, 6000, 8000, and 12000 grit. They might be a great way to get rid of orangepeel, small scratches, and even to do a complete color sand.

Has anyone had any experience with them. They sound like a great alternative to the Mirka Abralon sanding system. Especially for people that don't have a big enough compressor to run the Mirka air operated DA.

I am considering buying them to experiment with but I would prefer to roll them into an Autogeek order. Can Autogeek get them along with their next Cyclo order, or just special order them? And will Autogeek be carrying the VES retrofit system?

And an additional comment on the VES retrofit. It is not a simple drop in deal. The Cyclo must be taken completely apart. And to do so you need a special tool that is NOT included in the Cyclo kit. Cyclo tell you to make your own tool from a socket and three steel pins welded to a steel plate then weld the plate to the socket. Not a simple job. There is a video instructional on the Cyclo site showing the installation.

Craig
03-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Call me chickin, but using a machine to get rid of orange peel? They have some fine grit, but unless I was doing a repaint I would stick with a sanding block by hand. Check with AG, I'm sure they could get you anything you want for the Cyclo.