PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna 85RD

Pages : [1] 2 3

DiPaoro
03-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Since this bottle is twice the size of the WG DUO, I am wondering when this product can be applied without going through a three step process.

Does anyone use the 85RD for an application solo before Wax to kick things up a notch?

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
03-19-2009, 07:57 PM
85RD has absolutely no cut. You put it on with a blue pad. This is not the product to use as a 1 step. I guess you could put it on before wax, but you won't get any correcting out of it.

DiPaoro
03-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I bought the 85rd for the jeweling expectations after going through prior steps in paint correction. For $30, I have no issues with the purchase for this purpose. However, if I can use the 85rd between full blown paint correction, I am asking what are others doing with it and which pad...etc...

My understanding is there is some minor cut but possibly not with a blue pad...not sure...

D
03-19-2009, 08:21 PM
You really dont want to be correcting anything with 85rd. Its best used as a jeweling polish to increase gloss. If you need something stronger Id step up to 106FF.

DiPaoro
03-19-2009, 08:28 PM
You really dont want to be correcting anything with 85rd. Its best used as a jeweling polish to increase gloss. If you need something stronger Id step up to 106FF.

Fair enough....jeweling with the blue pad works fine with me. This bottle will last a very long time!

killrflake
03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
I bought the 85rd for the jeweling expectations after going through prior steps in paint correction. For $30, I have no issues with the purchase for this purpose. However, if I can use the 85rd between full blown paint correction, I am asking what are others doing with it and which pad...etc...

My understanding is there is some minor cut but possibly not with a blue pad...not sure...
I believe you are correct as the label says: eliminates swirl marks from compounding, 2500 grit sanding marks, haze, oxidation, paint defects and light scratches (although the bottle has a typo on it and spelled it scatches). So as you stated it does have some minor correction abilities and I would have no problem using it alone to clear up paint with very minor scratches when used with the right pad which of course would depend on the hardness of your paint.

AudiTTman
03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
I believe DiPaoro and I are in the same boat. I believe we need something that is just strong enough to get maybe a little bit of marring out from washing and so forth, rather than going thru the entire process

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
03-19-2009, 08:34 PM
85rd has NO cut.

Harleyguy
03-19-2009, 08:38 PM
May be wrong here but 3m ultrafina may also be something to consider

loudog2
03-19-2009, 08:53 PM
85rd has NO cut.
85RD does have cut(cut 1.5, gloss 5). And so does 87Mc(cut 1, gloss 5), 106FA(cut 2.5, gloss 5). The glaze has no cut. The cut is not substantial, but it will remove minor marring and lite swirls if used correctly.

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-19-2009, 09:04 PM
You can use 85rd to clean up inbetween polishings. Yes the bottle will probably last you awhile if it is just for personal use. Also as Adam stated UF can be used in 85rd's place. I use these once in awhile for a clean up, but I always use a paint cleaner after a wash and then wax. 85rd has a slight cut and is a finishing polish and should be used with a finish pad like the blue LC CCS pad.

D
03-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Remember, if you use 85rd or 106FF for that matter with a pad that has cut, than you are decreasing the potential amount of gloss the product can produce. Not only that, but you are also increasing the chances of putting holograms in the paint. You can discuss all day about how much a product cuts, but when it comes down to it, it may be different for every car/ user. Just make sure you're using the correct pad and give it a shot for yourself.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
03-19-2009, 09:59 PM
My fault. I have misunderstood some information on this product and spoke before not fully understanding. I apologize for my actions..

DiPaoro
03-20-2009, 04:44 AM
I am sure this product will not disappoint. As stated, I did buy this product for the final step of paint correction with the blue pad. I will try a few combinations and see what works best for my cars.

loudog2
03-20-2009, 05:58 AM
I am sure this product will not disappoint. As stated, I did buy this product for the final step of paint correction with the blue pad. I will try a few combinations and see what works best for my cars.
It's a great product that can be used for different things. Depending on what pad you pair it with.