PDA

View Full Version : P21S Red tire gel

loudog2
03-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Has anybody used this yet? I hear it isn't in the U.S. yet, but it is supposed to be stronger than the regular gel cleaner. Can AG get this?

Jimmie
03-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Haven't used it. It's been in Europe for a long time. It's my understanding that VOC is the reason that it's not here. Heard that it doesn't smell very good, but like you have heard that it is stronger.

loudog2
03-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Is it safe on the wheels like the U.S version?

nrengle
03-20-2009, 12:21 AM
I tried to smuggle some back home after the last tour I did in Europe, and customs snagged it up due to the VOC regs... Stuff cost me like 40 Euro's

supercharged
03-20-2009, 03:36 AM
Has anybody used this yet? I hear it isn't in the U.S. yet, but it is supposed to be stronger than the regular gel cleaner. Can AG get this?
I heard that its stronger then P21S green gel, but it stinks like rotten eggs...eeeewwwww...
Anyway, if going that route, I'd probably get Bilberry wheel cleaner...I'm hearing its just as safe, strong, and dillutible...but overseas shipping might be a killer...
What kind of wheels are you using it anyway??? Unless its uncoated alluminum, I'd get a cheaper alternative...

loudog2
03-20-2009, 06:02 AM
I heard that its stronger then P21S green gel, but it stinks like rotten eggs...eeeewwwww...
Anyway, if going that route, I'd probably get Bilberry wheel cleaner...I'm hearing its just as safe, strong, and dillutible...but overseas shipping might be a killer...
What kind of wheels are you using it anyway??? Unless its uncoated alluminum, I'd get a cheaper alternative...
I use it on a variety of wheels. I'd rather have a safe go to for all. It's funny how some of these people with nice expensive rims, but don't take care of them. Then, I have a guy who spent more on his rims, than his car. His car looks horrible, but his rims are nice.

Wendell Jarvis
03-20-2009, 08:32 AM
I use it on a variety of wheels. I'd rather have a safe go to for all. It's funny how some of these people with nice expensive rims, but don't take care of them. Then, I have a guy who spent more on his rims, than his car. His car looks horrible, but his rims are nice.
:iagree: I have seen way too many cars where the rims have more value than the car.......its crazy.......

Emile
03-21-2009, 06:09 PM
I have shot a few e-mails to the USA representative of P21S and he doesn't give me much info. I mean, he was helpful but it sounded like P21S has no plans to bring the Red Gel Wheel Cleaner to the US.

But there are plenty of other wheel cleaners that are safe and effective on all wheels, and are so much cheaper. I haven't tried it yet, but the DP Gel Wheel & Tire Cleaner looks so tempting at $45 a gallon. P21S makes nice products but I always feel like they overcharge.

ScottB
03-22-2009, 08:05 AM
I too have heard its not a legally available product in the US due to its ingredients. Likely under the VOC regs...

GMC83
03-22-2009, 05:20 PM
i used it when i was in Switzerland

Craig
03-22-2009, 07:42 PM
I have some info. for you guys on that. While at the detail fest I spoke with the P21S vendor. I asked about this red tire gel. He told me it was not the product of P21S in the US. It was another company in Europe with the same name (P21S) making the tire gel. Wonder who had the P21S name first?