PDA

View Full Version : better prep polish

drastic_detail
03-19-2009, 05:21 AM
Which would you say is better to prep the paint for wax or sealent, the wg twins or optimum compound and optimum polish and finish polish?

ScottB
03-19-2009, 04:50 PM
I still personally find the Menzerna polishes to be the best offerings, add in they make the Wolfgang twins and likely the choice to consider.

khooper
03-20-2009, 01:17 AM
A polish is preparing your car to remove any defects, swirls, scratches, oxidation so that a wax can protect this defect free surface. If you are just polishing, then that is not good. This means your paint is unprotected. Definitely polish and wax.

loudog2
03-20-2009, 06:04 AM
You mean to remove the previous LSP? Or light swirl cleanup?

Wendell Jarvis
03-20-2009, 07:52 AM
I still personally find the Menzerna polishes to be the best offerings, add in they make the Wolfgang twins and likely the choice to consider.

:whs:

sal329
03-21-2009, 09:13 AM
If your looking to clean the paint before adding your LSP then I would use DG 501 or a pure polish Danase sells a nice pure polish or you could use Menz final polish or Meguiars 205 with the right pad.

supercharged
03-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Menzerna Nano or Wolfgang 3.0 polishes.

Rsurfer
03-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Which would you say is better to prep the paint for wax or sealent, the wg twins or optimum compound and optimum polish and finish polish?
If you are polishing to remove defects use an IPA or prep sol wipe down after polishing to inspect for any defects before waxing/sealing. On the other hand, if your paint is in good condition and you want to remove the old wax before applying the new wax, then try out Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion. This will remove the old wax and prep the surface for the new wax. Awesome looking gloss. After using PPCL I didn't want to top it, but instructions say to top with a wax. Applied a coat of Fuzion and it looked amazing.