PDA

View Full Version : Be gone damn water spots!!!!!!!!

pricha00
03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I am getting really annoyed with those lovely streaks of water that inevitably appear after I have dried my car. I usually just use two large microfiber drying towels and go over the whole truck until I see no more water on the finish. Of course, the minute I move the vehicle to finish dressing the tires or taking it around the block to flush the water out of the back of the rims water always comes out of all the crevices and leaves a nice trail in my paint. I like washing my vehicle but having streaks in it when I am done kind of defeats the purpose. I guess I need to find out the best inexpensive blower to get all the water off my vehicle before it drives me nutty. I do know the metro-vac but a little much for my current budget to swallow. What is the best cheap electric blower out there to dry my vehicle?

Pat.

Harleyguy
03-18-2009, 04:52 PM
I am getting really annoyed with those lovely streaks of water that inevitably appear after I have dried my car. I usually just use two large microfiber drying towels and go over the whole truck until I see no more water on the finish. Of course, the minute I move the vehicle to finish dressing the tires or taking it around the block to flush the water out of the back of the rims water always comes out of all the crevices and leaves a nice trail in my paint. I like washing my vehicle but having streaks in it when I am done kind of defeats the purpose. I guess I need to find out the best inexpensive blower to get all the water off my vehicle before it drives me nutty. I do know the metro-vac but a little much for my current budget to swallow. What is the best cheap electric blower out there to dry my vehicle?

Pat.First stop would be Home Depot can get one for around $60.00

muddy
03-18-2009, 05:05 PM

Pat.

After you're done drying, get in the vehicle and move 10 feet and slam the brakes. Then reverse and do the same. Grab your MF and dry those last remnants of water. I think that's the red neck way to do it anyway :D

pricha00
03-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah with the body moldings and roof rack there seems to be alot of little areas that hold mucho water. Not sure if redneck method would be totally effective on removing this water.

Pat.

ScottB
03-18-2009, 05:20 PM
no drips ... got the Leaf Hawg from Black/Decker for 45.00 at HD last year. Just make sure its dedicated to paint/finish only !

pricha00
03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
No problem here, no real leaf issues here and I can't see myself using the blower for anything that is not auto detail related.

Pat.