PDA

View Full Version : Which is more durable...

Pages : [1] 2

gatorgrad
03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm wondering which sealant is more durable, Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 or Klasse SG. I don't have much time to properly detail my car. I only get around to it about two times a year, so I need a long lasting sealant. I have used SG and like the results, but it is a little hard to work with. I have been hearing good things about the Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 and was wondering how the durability compares between the two.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
03-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Wolfgang is great man. That's my pick. Although, I don't think there's a sealant out there that is going to last 6 months. Wolfgang is easy enough to work with that you could do it every 3 months or so and it wouldn't take very long.

Speed-Dude
03-17-2009, 09:10 PM
i remember from somewhere this person had two porsches which were used as track cars and he/she put wolfgang dgps and both. this person said they got over 5 months of protection on both cars and this is after the fact that he/she said there are people that wash the cars very often at the track (just long brushes and soapy water pretty much).

Surfer
03-17-2009, 09:51 PM
DG 105 is durable and will last 6-12 months easily. I had a coating of it topped with Collinite 915 and it beaded tightly even 6 months later on one vehicle and that was with no touch ups, only normal qd'er after a wash (DG Fast Clean and Shine) and this vehicle sat outside 24/7 as my 2 car garage is full of stuff lol and also can't use a cover as HOA doesn't allow it. 105 looks banging as well.

Dust2Glory
03-17-2009, 10:16 PM
I would go with DG 105 as well, then top off with collinite 845iw

that'll do the trick! Just make sure you wash, clay, paint cleanser then apply, wait 24hrs before you top the sealant if you decide to do so

Lowprofile
03-18-2009, 01:46 AM
DG 105 would be my choice as well.

supercharged
03-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Klasse SG is defenetely more durable then Wolfgang, I'd even risk saying that it is more durable then DG #105. One thing with Klasse it is very finicky, and application might be very difficult. I personally would stick with DG#105 instead, I don't eny type of protection going beyond 6 moths, as thats the mark where vehicle needs to be clayed, and protection will be removed anyway.

Harleyguy
03-18-2009, 12:19 PM
DG 105 is durable and will last 6-12 months easily. I had a coating of it topped with Collinite 915 and it beaded tightly even 6 months later on one vehicle and that was with no touch ups, only normal qd'er after a wash (DG Fast Clean and Shine) and this vehicle sat outside 24/7 as my 2 car garage is full of stuff lol and also can't use a cover as HOA doesn't allow it. 105 looks banging as well.What kinda crap is that HOA won't allow it . Thought my HOA was bad and i'm in Parkland

elk42
03-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Ive used the Klasse SG one time and didnt have a problem with it at all. The trick is not to use too much. Loved the look of the car after Klasse AIO then the SG followed by the P21S.

Emile
03-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Klasse twins are very durable when you apply 2+ coats of the SG. I've found that Wolfgang DGPS is also very durable especially when applying two coats for the most even coverage. DGPS is far easier to work with than Klasse SG.

I think you should just make the time to polish and seal your car more frequently than just twice a year.

FASTFRED
03-18-2009, 02:26 PM
You can't go wrong with either one, but as stated the Klasse SG is finicky. I recomend using it sparringly.

ScottB
03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Klasse SG and Zaino are about the most durable sealants I have ever used or seen. More so than Wolfgang, which looks better but likely will need reapplication sooner.

termigator
03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
What kinda crap is that HOA won't allow it . Thought my HOA was bad and i'm in Parkland

That's not surprising at all. They don't allow covers for fear that it might be a nonworking junk car or some other undesirable object which will become a permanent eyesore, thereby making the neighborhood look bad and driving down home values, as if it wasn't low enough already.

If it was a choice between SG and Wolfgang, I'd choose Wolfgang. I've used SG and it's just not worth the effort to me, although I did like the gloss it gave on my mom's charcoal metallic E320.
Personally, if I wanted durability, I'd go the Zaino route. It's the most durable sealant I've found and once you get the hang of it, it's easy as pie to apply and buff.:righton:

Larry A
03-19-2009, 10:45 AM
The most durable products out there IMO are Zaino , Klasse , Duragloss 105 , and Collinite 476/845. Their may be a few others, but these for shure.

Surfer
03-19-2009, 05:01 PM
What kinda crap is that HOA won't allow it . Thought my HOA was bad and i'm in ParklandWelcome to a Boca HOA lol. Last time I ever live in HOA.