PDA

View Full Version : How many pads will I need....

jeffvb9
03-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Getting my new Flex tomorrow morning. I ordered 1 each of orange, white, black, red 6.5" LC CCS pads.

Going to be working on my 2006 330i Jet Black.

Using Menzerna SIP, 106FF, and RD.

How many orange/white pads will I need. Plan on starting out with white pad and SIP and seeing if that does the job. If not will step up to orange pad.

Will 1 of each of those be enough?

2old2change
03-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Pads to a detailer are like tools to a mechanic. There is no such thing as too many . LOL . Getting back to you question on number of pads, The minunum you would want to start with would be two of each if not more depending on the condition of the cars paint.Remember if you don't have any spares and one is dropped then you will have to stop everything and re-clean the pad or when too full of old product this will also require cleaning .Just an old mans 2-cents.
Paul

jeffvb9
03-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Ok thanks......well more research to do before I get started obviously.

Z06-Goose
03-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Pads to a detailer are like tools to a mechanic. There is no such thing as too many . LOL . Getting back to you question on number of pads, The minunum you would want to start with would be two of each if not more depending on the condition of the cars paint.Remember if you don't have any spares and one is dropped then you will have to stop everything and re-clean the pad or when too full of old product this will also require cleaning .Just an old mans 2-cents.
Paul
I go thru a lot of pads myself. The more the merrier.
If you plan on doing a lot of detailing, then a lot of pads will be just about enough :)