PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Instructional Videos

AudiTTman
03-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Hey guys, I'm thirsty for a rotary, plan and simple. I sorta wanted to see if there were any detailing videos out there that show you step by step how to use a rotary and basic skills you should master. If anyone knows of a good one, id love to hear about it. Spring Break for most college students is about partying, mine is about detailing lol

AeroCleanse
03-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Hey guys, I'm thirsty for a rotary, plan and simple. I sorta wanted to see if there were any detailing videos out there that show you step by step how to use a rotary and basic skills you should master. If anyone knows of a good one, id love to hear about it. Spring Break for most college students is about partying, mine is about detailing lol

Kleen Car has one.. of which I have an extra unopened copy.

auto detailing training video|buffing video|detailing video - Kleen Car | professional detailing training | auto detailing steamers, products, equipment (http://www.1car-detailing-training.com/buffing-video-c-2.html)

AudiTTman
03-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Hmmmmmm!!! Ill PM if you are interested in possibly getting the extra copy out of your hands lol

img
03-15-2009, 11:33 AM
10--bingo

conan777
03-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I have that video as well (came with my order of $50 or more last year I think). It is informational but I would not describe it in any way as an instructional video on how to use a rotary. It's basically an intro to the different buffers on the market, Rotary, PC and Cyclo. Someone really should make a real "Instructional" video with tips such as pad and polish combo's, various speeds with the various pad and polishes etc. I would love to see things discussed such as "I like to use X brand polish with X brand wool pad for really deep scratches on a Single stage paint or a clear coat because... Or if you use X pad you will have to do a 3 or 4 step polish job because it is so aggressive and here is an example when I would use such a combo. Here is my technique for removing a deep RID that is farily isolated and by itself... , The speed you will need to use for a diminishing polish such as X brand is this and then you want to change the speed to this etc...etc. These are the speeds you want to use when compounding, or finish polishing and here is why... , Here is an example when you want to ramp up the speed and here is an example when you want to reduce the speed. etc..etc..etc..

I am a very visual learner. I can read a novel's worth of information over the period of a week or watch someone demonstrate something for 5 minutes and I get 100 times more out of watching someone. I would pay to see a really good video. My guess is no one has made one yet (that I know of... and I searched all over in the past) because they are afraid of getting ripped on by other detailers. We all know how that goes... Spend 20 hours polishing a car to absolute perfection and there is always that one person that just has to point out the wheel wells that are clean but weren't treated, or a smudge on a window or something, you all know what I am talking about. So c'mon guys, share your knowledge and make a video, no one cares if it is perfect or fancy as long as it is educational.

AudiTTman
03-15-2009, 08:51 PM
yea thats how i am. Once i see something i tend to really start paying attention.

AeroCleanse
03-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Looked like an instructional video when I watched it.

Justin
03-16-2009, 03:32 AM
Hi Guys,

Can anyone PM me the instruction video?

TLMitchell
03-16-2009, 05:19 AM

Dave KG on the Detailing World UK forum has done an excellent series of tutorials on just about every aspect of detailing. Here's his Rotary guide:

Machine Polishing by Rotary Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66024)

No videos but excellent info nonetheless. His other guides are equally impressive as well as his numerous product tests and reports.

TL

RaskyR1
03-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Dave KG on the Detailing World UK forum has done an excellent series of tutorials on just about every aspect of detailing. Here's his Rotary guide:

Machine Polishing by Rotary Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66024)

No videos but excellent info nonetheless. His other guides are equally impressive as well as his numerous product tests and reports.

TL

:iagree:

That being said, the only real way to learn is to put that new info to use and get out there and practice with the machine. :buffing:

conan777
03-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Awesome Link! Thanks for passing that on.