PDA

View Full Version : Interior Scents

Pages : [1] 2

Lowprofile
03-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Have heard Oziums New Car Smell is good for the smell of the interior of a freshly detailed car. I believe that the scent of a detailed car is also an important step in the detailing process. What do you guys use to make your car stand alone as far as scent? I used Fuzion Wax for my first time on a freinds car and the fVcking wax alone made the whole car smell good. But looking for some high end options in making the interior smell good...Ozium? Please give some opinions. Thanks

YankeeFan
03-15-2009, 02:02 AM
I do like Griot's leather scent, haven't tried their new car scent yet.

Howard

ScottB
03-15-2009, 07:43 AM
I dont like sprays and all those fruity smells. I have never found anything to truly replace the NEW CAR SMELL correctly either. So I either let the leather protectant add the smell (car smells clean naturally when you keep clean and dont eat in it) or add a spritz of Frebreeze on back mats for a quick spruce and leave doors open to allow most to disappaite.

I did use the fogger here with nice results and the spray from Einszett for the A/C vents left a nice but chemically smell for a day.

trek
10-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Was thinking this myself, and searched and found this...anyone else have any input on this?

astrogus
10-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Recently found Zep odor eliminator and air neutralizer at Home Depot. Comes in a 32oz spray bottle for $1.89, Kinda like a Febreeze but not as powering on the scent. The scent is like a clean air scent not an over powering scent and lasts a while as well. Just avoid spraying in the air because you dont wanna get it on the windows if you already cleaned them. I usually do a few sprays on the carpets, seats if there cloth. Hopes this helps give it a try for $1.89 you cant go wrong.

ScottB
10-20-2009, 06:09 PM
the new febreze scents are much to overpowering. I still like clean and crisp. Cockpit Premium seems to have a light evergreen scent but gone quickly. Gotten tired of heavy leather scent so Einszett Leather Care fits the new bill and works well too.

nitro78
10-20-2009, 06:43 PM
i purchased some cg leather scent and i like it a lot. i also purchased the new car smell from them but it smells very very close to the leather scent. i believe it is five dollars for a 20 oz bottle and it will last you darn near forever.

Blake's Mobile Detailing
02-03-2010, 11:53 PM
I just stumbled upon this thread. I wanted to ask the same thing.

Also has anyone tried the poorboys scents yet?

hspwn
02-04-2010, 07:22 AM
I just stumbled upon this thread. I wanted to ask the same thing.

Also has anyone tried the poorboys scents yet?

I have been using their leather scent. It is not too overpowering and is a nice change from the "fruity" scents as others have said as well. It's a good value too, right along the lines of what you would spend if purchasing from one of the car wash suppliers on the web.

About the "new car smell", how would you describe this scent? My car, a Mazda Tribute, smelled of rubber and plastic solvents for the longest time. First time I ever douched the whole car with Fabreeze.

mackdaddyhibble
02-04-2010, 09:39 AM
I too like the Zeps,but the cigarette and odor eliminator,cost a couple more bucks but, it eliminates, not leaves scents.

Slava
02-04-2010, 10:53 AM
I just got Poorboys apple scent and I like it alot. I've used it in my car about a week ago. Still smells good.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-04-2010, 11:01 AM
I don't use scents...

dublifecrisis
02-04-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm liking the new Meg's Odor Eliminator spray. The smell is great but doesn't last long (guess it's not supposed to).

Also heard good things about the zeps odor like astrogus mentioned.

ScottB
02-04-2010, 06:32 PM
I just got Poorboys apple scent and I like it alot. I've used it in my car about a week ago. Still smells good.

I had Jason toss in a bottle of Green Apple for testing on last order. It appears to have a deotorizer in it too. Its a little too much for my taste if overused, so a spritz or two is all thats needed for entire car. At its size, it will last me a lifetime. (smiles)

SouthernStyles
02-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Has anyone tried the new CG Stripper scent?

I have there new car and cherry and love them so im about to order there new scent.