PDA

View Full Version : Any Dodo Juice Lime Prime Reviews?

Pages : [1] 2

Emile
03-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Hey,

Has anybody used Dodo Juice Lime Prime or Lime Prime Lite to polish their vehicle? I know that they are expensive, but even the Lime Prime only seems to be a one-step polish that only needs the Gray Foam Finishing Pads. One polish and one set of pads seems like it would save money or cost around the same if it gives good results, and it would be a lot less work.

Thanks,
Emile

orionz06
03-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey,

Has anybody used Dodo Juice Lime Prime or Lime Prime Lite to polish their vehicle? I know that they are expensive, but even the Lime Prime only seems to be a one-step polish that only needs the Gray Foam Finishing Pads. One polish and one set of pads seems like it would save money or cost around the same if it gives good results, and it would be a lot less work.

Thanks,
Emile

are you looking to add a polish to your arsenal, or just lime prime?

i would like to know a little more about where it would fit in between known products myself...

RaskyR1
03-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I bought Lime Prime to use with Super Natural on my car, but it micro marrs my paint. I have yet to try it on a less touchy paint but a lot of other users on DW seem to really like it.

It's a tiny bottle for a lot of money and I was disappointed that it wouldn't work with my paint.

ScottB
03-10-2009, 04:53 PM
I got a bottle and need to do a bit more testing, I originally thought it was suppose to be like Pinnacles Paintwork Lotion or P21S GEPC and still give them the nod currently.

loudog2
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
i wanted to try it, but for the price. a big bottle of 85rd or 87mc sounded better

Emile
03-11-2009, 08:28 AM
The Lime Prime Lite is supposed to just be a non-abrasive pre-wax cleaner and glaze. But the regular Lime Prime is an abrasive polish that you use with a finishing pad. One step polish to get rid of scratches and swirls and prep the paint for wax.

My G35 has scratches again and I was thinking of trying this stuff out.

Meghan
03-11-2009, 08:52 AM
I know one of the forum members that has tried it, you might want to send him a PM. jfsully - he is a nice guy he will fill you in on his thoughts.

Emile
03-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the reference, Meghan. I sent him a PM.

loudog2
05-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I got the lime prime on sale last week. Are there any reviews yet? Is it like using 85RD?

AeroCleanse
04-13-2011, 08:33 PM
I have use Lime Prime with a black / grey pad works well, smells great. I'm going to try it on an orange LC CCS pad soon to see how well it can correct.

loudog2
04-13-2011, 08:59 PM
I have use Lime Prime with a black / grey pad works well, smells great. I'm going to try it on an orange LC CCS pad soon to see how well it can correct.
I have used it regularly on my Infiniti I just traded in with great results. It did marr the paint of my wifes toyota. I know dodo says to watch out for japanese paint. Rasky has issues with his honda paint.

AeroCleanse
04-13-2011, 10:07 PM
I have used it regularly on my Infiniti I just traded in with great results. It did marr the paint of my wifes toyota. I know dodo says to watch out for japanese paint. Rasky has issues with his honda paint.

That's why they make the Lite version, it has no abrasives. I'm going to be trying it on a 2011 Chev Malibu

Dr Oldz
04-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I know one of the forum members that has tried it, you might want to send him a PM. jfsully - he is a nice guy he will fill you in on his thoughts.

I have and use both. Do I count???

dad07
04-13-2011, 10:38 PM
I have and use both. Do I count???

Heck YEH you count! Do tell inquiring minds want to know!

Dr Oldz
04-14-2011, 04:24 PM
I would say that LP has just a bit more cut than 205 but you do have to work it pretty long to properly break down the abrasives. It finishes very well as long as u work it long and lighten up on the pressure on the last two passes. I find it very pad dependent on cut and also finish. I personally don't use anything more aggressive than a white pad or it won't finish to well. All in all it's a good polish but pricy. Lime prime lite is just a paintwork cleanser and glaze. I find it no better or worse than pinnacles or the p21s versions except the smell is great. The only real benefit I found that wipe off may be a little easier than the p21s or pinnacle versions.