PDA

View Full Version : Wool Pad Help

OGauge4Me
03-09-2009, 09:42 PM
I purchased the Makita rotary a while back. Makita 9227C 7 inch Circular Polisher (http://www.autogeek.net/ma927po.html)

Are the 2 pads that came with the buffer decent? One is a heavy cut pad and the other is a lighter cut pad. I also just purchased a LC FWP to try out. I have been using the LC CCS pads with the Makita and have the feel down some what. So far no mistakes and the Makita did the job a lot quicker than the PC.

Is there any type of video out there that shows the different ways to use a wool pad?

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I purchased the Makita rotary a while back. Makita 9227C 7 inch Circular Polisher (http://www.autogeek.net/ma927po.html)

Are the 2 pads that came with the buffer decent? One is a heavy cut pad and the other is a lighter cut pad. I also just purchased a LC FWP to try out. I have been using the LC CCS pads with the Makita and have the feel down some what. So far no mistakes and the Makita did the job a lot quicker than the PC.

Is there any type of video out there that shows the different ways to use a wool pad?

I wouldn't use the wool pads from Makita. You should be fine using the wool becuase it is easier to use than the foam pads.

OGauge4Me
03-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Thank you. I kind of thought that the wool pads would cause me a lot of grief.

Do you have a recommendation for pads and the quantities? Please keep in mind I am not a pro so I usually only do one car at a time on a weekend.

I would be purchasing the pads from AG.

AeroCleanse
03-10-2009, 08:42 AM
I use the Meguiar's wool pads

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Thank you. I kind of thought that the wool pads would cause me a lot of grief.

Do you have a recommendation for pads and the quantities? Please keep in mind I am not a pro so I usually only do one car at a time on a weekend.

I would be purchasing the pads from AG.

I use the 3M wool pads.

Old Pirate
03-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Go with the 3M wool pads, my Meg's wool pads always have a early funeral...........:cheers:

RaskyR1
03-10-2009, 06:48 PM
A little off topic, but what do you think of Schlegel buffing pads AR?

Harleyguy
03-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I used the PFW i know there is some that aren't big fans of them.But when i used them for the first time they were very easy to control.Just need to make sure to keep them clean while using but that goes for any wool pad.Not sure but i have a 3m wool pad but needs an adaptor that goes between the pad and the buffer so you may want to check if you also need that if buying the 3m wool also

ss-truck
03-10-2009, 08:23 PM

I have used those pads and am quite satisfied with them . Used them on black with great results .

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-10-2009, 08:50 PM

They are o.k., but I still prefer my 3M pads over them by a big margin.

OGauge4Me
03-11-2009, 03:46 AM
I am looking at the Schlegel buffing pads and the 3M pads. Lots of choices in both product lines.

Thank you so much for all of the information.

Harleyguy
03-11-2009, 09:12 AM
I am looking at the Schlegel buffing pads and the 3M pads. Lots of choices in both product lines.

Thank you so much for all of the information.You can always buy one of each and try them both out .I'm sure you can sell the one you don't like.Just my 2 cents

RaskyR1
03-11-2009, 09:46 AM
They are o.k., but I still prefer my 3M pads over them by a big margin.

Right on. It's been a few years since I've used them but it was pretty much all we used back in the day. They seemed to be of good quality and lasted pretty long. :cheers:

I do like the 3M as well but the local stores never seem to have them in stock when I go. :rolleyes:

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Right on. It's been a few years since I've used them but it was pretty much all we used back in the day. They seemed to be of good quality and lasted pretty long. :cheers:

I do like the 3M as well but the local stores never seem to have them in stock when I go. :rolleyes:

I picked up some more pads today and saw they had some Schlegal pads. I asked the guy how they sold and he said you can blow the dust off all of them.