PDA

View Full Version : Which Do You Recommend?

Rat007
03-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Got some quick and simply questions about detail. I have used the search button to try to find out some but so many options.

What is a good car wash soap? (something with good suds)

What is a good aluminum polish? (I have the mothers powerball)

Whats good to clean/wash aluminum rims?

What is a good tire shine/dressing that wont get slung off by driving?

What is good to get the inner fenders to shine? (tire shine?

Thank you for your time.
Shaun

D
03-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Just because a soap has a lot of suds does not mean its good, or the right one for the job. Are you looking for a maintenance soap, or a strong heavy duty soap?

I would look into English Custom Polishes.

Protect the rims with a sealant and maintain them with car soap/ water. Its completely pointless to spend extra on a dedicated wheel cleaner to maintain your wheels UNLESS soap and water is not strong enough.

Chemical Guys VRP or Adams VRT.

Any kind of spray on shine is fine for fenders. I like Stoners.

Rat007
03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Just normal auto soap would be great.

redboost10
03-09-2009, 05:44 PM
ive always liked mothers mag/alum polish, and i recently used the crappy polishing pad that comes with the pc for a little bit more power over elbow grease, shined the intercooler tubes and intercooler up.

for the tires and trim i recently got some poorboys trim restorer. i could not find much reviews about it but i was happy with the nattys blue so i thought i would give it a shot. you can soak it on and get a wet shine or you can just dab it on and get a matte finish on your trim and tires.

im not at liberty to give you other opinions on your other questions, although i do have a brand new bottle of duragloss 902 waiting to be opened.

ScottB
03-09-2009, 05:57 PM
What is a good car wash soap? Poorboys , Duragloss, Zaino, Optimum

What is a good aluminum polish? English Custom Polish Showmans Ver

Whats good to clean/wash aluminum rims? P21S Wheel Cleaner

What is a good tire shine/dressing that wont get slung off by driving? Poorboys Bright and Bold or Optimum Tire Dressing

What is good to get the inner fenders to shine? Stoners More Shine Less Time

D
03-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Just normal auto soap would be great.

Ive heard great reviews of 1z perls shampoo.

detail viking
03-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Duragloss car wash is very nice. I also really like Duragloss 261 tire shine.

Rat007
03-10-2009, 11:32 AM
ok thanks alot guys. where is a good place to buy this stuff?

dublifecrisis
03-10-2009, 12:45 PM
If you have a carquest (auto parts store)nearby, just go in and buy every Duragloss product you see. I know you only requested advice on like 4 things but everything they offer is good.

OR better yet-order your stuff right here ta Autogeek. If you like detailing your ride or anyone's ride, this is the best place to get your products and learn the tricks of the trade.

sal329
03-10-2009, 01:07 PM
What is a good car wash soap? (something with good suds) Can not really help with this one I use ONR

What is a good aluminum polish? (I have the mothers powerball) FK1 Metal Polish then protect with FK1 1000p or DG 501

Whats good to clean/wash aluminum rims? Ps21s wheel cleaner

What is a good tire shine/dressing that wont get slung off by driving? Meguiars All Season Dressing just remember to wipe it off after a few minutes, or Surf City Beyind black

What is good to get the inner fenders to shine? (tire shine? Armor All spray or CD-2

nrengle
03-10-2009, 01:30 PM
I've been using the Adams Undercarriage spray for the wheel wells on the last two cars I've done. Seems to have some longevity too! It has definitely lasted longer than tire shine spray I was using (some Megs stuff)