PDA

View Full Version : What to buy.

Excessive Detail
08-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Well while I wait for the rain to stop, I've been looking around AG, this could be a bad idea, so much stuff I want and so little money, anyway I need a a whole new arsenal of mfs, and after looking at all the types even the mf chart, I'm still somewaht confused on which ones I should get. I any wouldn't mind put together a a list of all the mf products you would suggest to buy, for qd, removing waxes or ploishes, buffing, interior, applying waxes and sealants, glass, ect., basically every step in completely detailing a car, what mfs would you use.
Thanks guyz.

FloridaNative
08-24-2006, 11:56 PM
The blue Super plush is a good one for QD, it's bigger so even if you have a SUV or larger vehicle you can still use just the one towel. Plus the nap is really thick so your paint is safe. The regular green ones are really nice for QD and general purpose stuff too. I really like the indigos for wax and sealant removal you could use this one for the glass too. For the tires I would go with the mango ones since they are the most economical. I hope this helps you. :)

ScottB
08-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Well while I wait for the rain to stop, I've been looking around AG, this could be a bad idea, so much stuff I want and so little money, anyway I need a a whole new arsenal of mfs, and after looking at all the types even the mf chart, I'm still somewaht confused on which ones I should get. I any wouldn't mind put together a a list of all the mf products you would suggest to buy, for qd, removing waxes or ploishes, buffing, interior, applying waxes and sealants, glass, ect., basically every step in completely detailing a car, what mfs would you use.
Thanks guyz.

do a search, we offered this up before. You truly need at least a guzzler (drying), blue indigo's (polishing, waxing), and an ultra plush (qd'er). How many becomes your choice, I believe you should have many.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Corvette_Parts_003.jpg

My wife thinks I am nutz, I just bought some dryer balls to keep my micros as fluffy as possible. (remember no heat and no fabric softner)

aceshigh73
08-25-2006, 08:19 PM
For tires/wheels and general cleaning... dash, etc if you have a BJ's membership get their 25-pack for 9.99. They are an amazing bargain... 2 of my random towels passed the "CD scratch test" with flying colors....
I will concur though that the Cobra Miracle towels are excellent at removing wax/sealant....
If AG ever has a sale on those, I will "back up the truck" and get some more ....
I do have an ultra-plush that I havent used yet.. its just too nice and soft... :-)

supercharged
08-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Get a Cobra Glass towel for a streak free glass cleaning.