PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shiznit

Pages : [1] 2

Excessive Detail
08-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Oh my god, it just rain for at least 30 min nonstop and my entire apartmen complex flooded, the water is up to the bottom of my car, if I would have parked on the oppositte side, well lets just say I'm glad i didnt, oh and here is the best part, just thinking about it makes me want to kick my self, I left one my window cracked, and yes the inside is preety soaked, aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and I cant do anything yet, aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, why me, I can't even get to class, this sucks big time. I hate rain.
Okay, I'm gonna go cry!

abrcrombe
08-24-2006, 03:23 PM
I hate the rain too. Bad luck for you, but life goes on.

joe.p
08-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Man I'm really sorry to hear this happen. Take your car to a place that has an extractor and remove the water before it starts to mold., or rent one.
That sucks

FloridaNative
08-24-2006, 03:39 PM
lol I'll probably get flamed for this, but I love the rain! lol always have. I don't like what it does to my car, but I love the sound of it and I love playing in it and getting all wet! I'm such a child!!

But for what it's worth, sorry the inside of your car got wet! :(

justin_murphy
08-24-2006, 04:32 PM
:Picture:
Take some freakn pic why you're crying!

Excessive Detail
08-24-2006, 04:46 PM
:Picture:
Take some freakn pic why you're crying!

I'm not really crying just a little joke, just really pissed that I would leave the window down, and its raining to hard to take pics.

DS Detailer
08-24-2006, 05:03 PM
At least you're not in New Orlens a year ago.

Excessive Detail
08-24-2006, 05:21 PM
At least you're not in New Orlens a year ago.
No, but I was close enough, I got a few scratches from flying debris and I didn't get to wash my car for about a month and it took a while for me to get it back to its former glory.

Surfer
08-24-2006, 05:55 PM
More reason to have an suv, that, and to hop high curbs when stuck at a long train:righton:

Excessive Detail
08-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Okay guyz, I finally got to survey the damage, and yea well know I'm really gonna cry, the entire rear floor board on the passanger side got soaked all the way to underneath the passanger seat, the carpet was somewhat wet, but I guess most of the water drip down and the all the insulation was soaked and there were puddles of water under it. So i ripped out all the insulation and dried as much as I could, but some is still wet enough to mold but an extracter is really not going to work, so do you guys have any suggestions to get rid of the remaining moisture, I'm going to try and leave the doors open in the shop when I'm at work tommorow, other than that I've stuffed towels under the carpet and peeled what carpet I could up to get some air. What do you guyz think.

Tex Star Detail
08-24-2006, 06:57 PM
at least you are not like this guy......
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g187/texstardetail/flood001.jpg
Left his windows down for 2 weeks while on vacation. Next to an automatic sprinkler at that. The ones that shoot out like a hose...not spray.

Needless to say...I had to pull out everything......vents, radio, console, carpet, etc..... i had to replace the padding....too far gone and molded out.
Water was rolling out from under the dash........

I feel your pain....my wife left the windows down before overnight and it rained....sucks.

supercharged
08-24-2006, 09:43 PM
That's horrible! Why would you want to leave your windows down? Afraid it's gonna get hot? Tint your windows and buy a sunshade for windshield.

That's the solution that worked for me.

To tell the truth, I would even tint my windshield if it would be legal.
Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

FloridaNative
08-25-2006, 12:42 AM
YIKES!!! I'm so sorry about the rain inside your car!! That totally sucks. If you're not going to use the extractor then yeah, just sop up as much as you can with the towels, keep changing them often and open up all the doors and get some fans blowing in there. That's the best you can really do in this situation I think.

BlackCoupe
08-25-2006, 07:41 AM
Okay guyz, I finally got to survey the damage, and yea well know I'm really gonna cry, the entire rear floor board on the passanger side got soaked all the way to underneath the passanger seat, the carpet was somewhat wet, but I guess most of the water drip down and the all the insulation was soaked and there were puddles of water under it. So i ripped out all the insulation and dried as much as I could, but some is still wet enough to mold but an extracter is really not going to work, so do you guys have any suggestions to get rid of the remaining moisture, I'm going to try and leave the doors open in the shop when I'm at work tommorow, other than that I've stuffed towels under the carpet and peeled what carpet I could up to get some air. What do you guyz think.

Can you get fans going non-stop, to move the air through and facilitate drying? Maybe one on each side to create a push-pull effect?

Excessive Detail
08-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks for all the advice guyz, I just pulled my car into my shop and peeled back the carpet and opened all the doors, I cant get to any fans, but its starting to dry up, last night I ran my car with the floor vents on blowing the heater, it seemed to help and dried up most of the water, but this morning it was all back and starting to smell, I have been putting towels under the carpet and putting something heavy on it to try to squeeze out water into the towels, tommorrow I'll get to put some fans on it. Again thanks for all the help, I let you guyz knopw how it turns out.