PDA

View Full Version : I completed my detailing

DiPaoro
03-08-2009, 04:25 PM
After spending a considerable amount of time, I finally finshed the paint correction on my black Boxster S. While I have some work to do on the wheels and ragtop, I am satified with the products and my efforts.

Step 1 Clayed with Wolfgang clay and WG lube
Step 2 washed with Wolfgang
Using my new PC
Step 3 orange 5.5 pad with TSR
Step 4 white 6.5 pad with TSR
Step 5 gray 6.5 pad with Glaze
Step 6 red 6.5 pad WG Seal
Ste 7 red 6.5 pad Fuzion

Before pics

After pics

The car is now covered in the garage. Thanks to everyone that provided some assistance. I am very pleased with all of my purchases. Too bad I did not have more Cobra MF towels. I have the mango breeze and they are horrible. But, the VIP green and plush MF towels will be here for the next time.

As a final note, Zaino vs WG Seal....the WG is far superior in every regard. I am not interested in durability with this car. WG application and removal was much easier. The Fuzion went on easy and came off with some effort but way easier than P21s. I believe the MFs were the issue there or I applied too much product. I plan to apply one more coat of Fuzion when I clean the wheels...need more P21s gel and a better brush. Plus, I have the roof to deal with too (got some wax on there...:().

Lastly, I used the Fenix TK11 to check my work and it really helped. I found some minor issue that I can live with at the moment. I will correct those few down the road...

Until next time....and the shine does tell the story. Love the PC and WG products..:righton:.

Rick

MoBenzOwner
03-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Looks great. Wolfgang is also one of my top 3 sealants. Looks and ease of use are second to none.

Harleyguy
03-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Why did you feel that you needed to use a glaze after you all ready removed the swirls.Or weren't you able to remove them all .So far as far as what i have read glaze only fills in the swirls looks good for now but after next wash they will be back ???

Rsurfer
03-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Why did you feel that you needed to use a glaze after you all ready removed the swirls.Or weren't you able to remove them all .So far as far as what i have read glaze only fills in the swirls looks good for now but after next wash they will be back ???
He sealed the glaze and then topped with Fuzion, so it should be fine. Hope he waited for the WG sealant to cure before topping with Fuzion.

loudog2
03-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Looks great. Did you notice the last picture? I think you still have some wax or sealant under the side vent along the side sill.

AudiTTman
03-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow i love the Black Boxster S!!!!!!!!!!! my friend wants to by that exact car and im dying to detail it for him!!

Loudog- that might be a paint protection film, but im not sure. I do see what your talking about, but the car sure does like NICE!@!!!!!!!!

DiPaoro
03-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Hey all:

Yes, I waited over 12 hours between the WG seal and Fuzion. I did have some fine swirls which prompted the gray pad with the glaze.

Also, I was rushing at the end to finish as my family was complaining about the cigar smoke, my stuff was everywhere. For the married guys out there, you know the drill.

You are correct Loudog, I left some wax behind in there and took care of it this morning. I am sure there is more on the other side as well. Nothing the new VIP Shamrocks can't handle, which are expected today!