PDA

View Full Version : DoDo light waxes?

02CAMSS
03-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Anyone ever use light fantastic? I am curious if this stuff is any good compared to the very expensive product I have been using.

loudog2
03-07-2009, 11:16 AM
I just used diamond white on my girlfriends car last weekend. When they say hard wax, they mean it. Maybe I'm just used to fuzion, souveran and P21s 100%. I liked the way it looked on her magnetic gray toyota matrix. It's raining today, so I'll check the beading after a week on.

It takes a little elbow grease to coat the applicator, but removal was easy. The microfiber glided across the paint on the final buff.

ScottB
03-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Ed has done some nice writeups here .... Hard Candy is the sleeper or so it seems.

loudog2
03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Ed has done some nice writeups here .... Hard Candy is the sleeper or so it seems.
I'm planning on trying hard candy next. I use my girlfriends car as the tester. But, I won't tell her that:D She's just happy I always make her car look great.

Waxmax
03-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I prefer Hard Candy over SN...JMO.

Emile
03-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I have a container of Blue Velvet, which is the Dodo Juice hard wax for dark colored paints. I don't find it to be difficult to apply or difficult to remove. The key is to use a foam applicator pad for application, and a fairly plush towel for removal.

02CAMSS
03-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I just do not want to buy another 70$ wax that looks no better than num 26 or natty blue because there are alot of them out there that that after a great polishing you cannot tell the differance.(both look awesome for there price)

loudog2
03-07-2009, 07:29 PM
If money is the issue. I would just get the pinnicle signature series II, or P21 S 100%. Those are 2 great mid level carnubas.

02CAMSS
03-07-2009, 11:18 PM
If money is the issue. I would just get the pinnicle signature series II, or P21 S 100%. Those are 2 great mid level carnubas.

Money is no issue my main waxes cost three times the above mentioned.100%,SSII and Natty Blue look about all the same with only a very tiny differance between them mainly in the application method and set times and I was wondering if anyone with alot of product experiance knew if the DODO brand fell in this above mentioned catagory.

ScottB
03-08-2009, 09:19 AM
It seems with high end and high cost carnaubas there are only subtle differences as the cost increases. I have those that cost 300 and those that cost 50.00. I found Souveran Paste offered the best bang for the buck and still consider it my starting mark.

Unfortunately with Dodo Waxes you need to consider the shipping costs from outside the US market which causes its MSRP to be higher. Luckily our coupons and forum codes often make something unique obtainable and maybe a little splurge of funds is in order here.

supercharged
03-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Dodo Juice makes some very nice products. Just get the straight eight to try 'em all!