PDA

View Full Version : Technique for Jeweling

christian900se
03-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I know this has been addressed in many different threads (yes, I searched) but I have been unsure.

I have menzerna po87mc, CCS white and blue pads for an extremely light correction and jeweling. My question is: what is the best way to do this for the best shine possible with a porter cable? I know that I should work the polish in until it breaks down, but do you think its worth it to decrease the speed right at the end and burnish the paint further?

Thanks for the help!

ScottB
03-06-2009, 08:26 AM
use the softest finishing pad on high speed and the lightest finishing polish ... this is done after all correction.

dublifecrisis
03-06-2009, 08:38 AM
so sometimes for the last couple passes, I slow my PC down to 3-4 and lighten up on the pressure. Is this worth doing for a finish polish or any polish for that matter? I'm sure it's all been discussed before but...

ScottB
03-06-2009, 09:14 AM
with a PC , other than wax/sealant removal, you will never slow it down. It needs to run full tilt. The finishing polish and finishing pad will bring up the reflection and gloss a bit more and thus why some suggest jeweling or burnishing the paint.

akimel
03-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Can M205 be used for purposes of jeweling? I have a G110 and Meguiar's pads. I was thinking of trying M205 with a finishing pad at speed 5. Does that sound good?

RaskyR1
03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
The finishing (jeweling) process is not set in stone. There may be a base guidline but you need to adjust your technique based on how your paint reacts to your pad/polish of choice.

Al, M205 works great for the final step! :cheers:

christian900se
03-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Do you know roughly what to set the pc to in terms of speed?

loudog2
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
The finishing (jeweling) process is not set in stone. There may be a base guidline but you need to adjust your technique based on how your paint reacts to your pad/polish of choice.

Al, M205 works great for the final step! :cheers:
:whs: Not everyone uses the same technique.
-Speed 5 or 6 on a DA(or rotary) at a slightly quicker figure 8 pattern, w/lighter pressure toward the end of breakdown
-Speed 5 or 6 on a DA(or rotary) at the same slow pace as regular polishing. Using lighter pressure towards the end of breakdown
-First 2 techiques w/slower speed at end of breakdown, and lighter pressure.

Whatever works for you! Unless someone wants to test using all 3 to see which actually makes a difference?

RaskyR1
03-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Do you know roughly what to set the pc to in terms of speed?

On a PC I will go speed of 5-6, medium pressure to start and letting up for the last few passes.