PDA

View Full Version : Pads for deep swirls?

Pages : [1] 2

kovalchuk71
03-05-2009, 04:39 PM
I figured I might get some more responses in here. I am looking first for pads for light to intermediate swirls for my mercedes. Next I am looking for pads for HEAVY swirls on my parents car. Any suggestions? Im new so Im not sure where to start.

D
03-05-2009, 04:48 PM
One word for heavy swirls- wool.

kovalchuk71
03-05-2009, 05:14 PM
So do I go wool and then follow with an orange pad?

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-05-2009, 05:42 PM
I figured I might get some more responses in here. I am looking first for pads for light to intermediate swirls for my mercedes. Next I am looking for pads for HEAVY swirls on my parents car. Any suggestions? Im new so Im not sure where to start.

Wool, then follow up with a white pad, then a polishing pad. You might need to go over the vehicle with each pad and product several times.

DiPaoro
03-05-2009, 05:47 PM
I was thinkng Yellow to Orange.

Get both and try the orange first....5.5 or smaller.

kovalchuk71
03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Both as in Yellow and Orange? Or Orange and Wool?

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Both as in Yellow and Orange? Or Orange and Wool?

Are you using a rotary or a pc?

kovalchuk71
03-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Im using a Flex.

Wendell Jarvis
03-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Wool, then follow up with a white pad, then a polishing pad. You might need to go over the vehicle with each pad and product several times.

Asphalt.........quick question, which pads do you think are better for removing swirls and light scratches...the regular wool pads or the Lake Country Foam Wool Pads

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Im using a Flex.

Then go with a wool pad.

Asphalt.........quick question, which pads do you think are better for removing swirls and light scratches...the regular wool pads or the Lake Country Foam Wool Pads

I prefer the full wool pads.

Harleyguy
03-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Then go with a wool pad.

I prefer the full wool pads.Yeah but remember his been using wool since they took off a sheep right in the meadow LOL .And when he started using them they didn't have foam pads Im the MAN

kovalchuk71
03-06-2009, 12:49 AM
How about a compound? I was reading on another site about Mezerna Power Gloss? Would I need that?

blk45
03-06-2009, 01:21 AM

Wool pads are just like foam, they have different levels of cut. While Asphalt and others love full wool pads, the LC PFW pads are a very good pad and have a big following as well. Either way, I would recommend one or the other over an orange pad. And stay far far away from the yellow LC pad. It will make a mess of the paint. Wool (full or LC) will remove defects better while keeping the surface cooler (important) and finish better than orange and yellow. I use and love the rest of the LC pads, but despise the yellow and rarely use the orange.

Yeah but remember his been using wool since they took off a sheep right in the meadow LOL .And when he started using them they didn't have foam pads Im the MAN

ROFLMAO! Good one Adam!

blk45
03-06-2009, 01:26 AM
How about a compound? I was reading on another site about Mezerna Power Gloss? Would I need that?

If the defects are bad enough to require a compound, M105 is about the best thing going. It works extremely fast, cuts very well and leaves a great finish for a compound. Some people had problems with the learning curve for the original version though and prefer the new and improved version with a longer working time. I had no issues with the original and prefer it. YMMV

kovalchuk71
03-06-2009, 01:28 AM
So, basically give it a go with a wool pad and some polish and if they dont come out, reach for the compound?