PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for some advice

kovalchuk71
03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey guys, I drive a 2000 Mercedes-Benz C280 and am looking for advice on pads and polish. Once I can afford it, I have decided to go with one of the flex polishers, because of the great job the suposedly do and because of the enjoyment I have in feeling my hands/fingers :D. I know (from here) that the paint is very hard on my car. I have used Maguires products lately and have learned here that there are better products. The only problem is that I recently got rear ended and my car was completely repaired/clear coated ($5000 bill I didnt have to pay). I am afraid that the swirls on the original clear coat were coated over and now I wont be able to get them out. Can I still get them out?

Also, what do you reccomend for seriously BAD swirls and scratches. My parents benz really needs a detail job and I want to do it for them as a surprise. It is PURE swirls and scratches it really hides the beauty of the navy blue paint :(. I would say its partially me and my brothers fault from hockey bags ( the scratch part)

Chris

nitro78
03-05-2009, 04:12 PM
firstly welcome. the flex and menzerna nano polishes are your best friend for your mercedes hard paint. however i would imagine that the clear was sanded before being resprayed and even if it was not wouldn't a new layer of clear just fill in the scratches. i was told by a friend who paints vehicles that if i wanted to get rid of my factory orange peel he would respray clear than sand the orange peel away because the clear fills in, and respraying the clear gives him a more comfortable margin of play. i am no expert on this however and hopefully someone else can chime in.

kovalchuk71
03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the reply! What do you reccomend for pads? Especially for my parents Benz with deep swirl marks?