PDA

View Full Version : Brand Loyalty

Pages : [1] 2 3

paintin
03-05-2009, 03:36 PM
If I decide to use only one brand of products for all needs. (wash, wax, leather, clay, etc) Will I be missing out on some really good products made by other companies? It seems like there are so many companies and products it would just make things easier to stick with one. Reading past posts about how people like this or that but not this makes my head spin.

nitro78
03-05-2009, 03:42 PM
i was just thinking this myself as i was going through my inventory. if i was to say pick one complete line it would be wolfgang, however if optimum added a clay bar to thier lineup they would be my first choice.

Wendell Jarvis
03-05-2009, 04:23 PM
If Menzerna had a complete line of products they would certainly have my vote, but as it stands..........Wolfgang has the product line that I use the most of, although Pinnacle is right there with Wolfgang....

Dsoto87
03-05-2009, 04:32 PM
What's the reason for only sticking to one brand?..........

I don't see any plus side to doing that, unless of course they were sponsoring you or something.

If I had to absolutely choose one line it would probably be optimum at the moment.

DiPaoro
03-05-2009, 04:43 PM
I used to be a Zaino guy.....had all of Sal's products....even dawn soap in the blue bottle.
In 2009, I am now full blown Wolfgang dude. With one car detailed, I can't be happier with the results.

Put one vote in for Wolfgang!

r0ckstrWS6
03-05-2009, 05:21 PM
I can see both sides of this.
being dedicated to one brand eliminates the hassles of comparing products, and being bombarded with so many options to choose from. however, one thing that I really like is that when trying out products you've never used before, sometimes you find something that works better than what you've been using. sometimes there's something out there that fits your needs better for that use, than what you have at the moment.

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Not all one line is going to have the best of everything so you are going to need to have different brands of various products.

Bunky
03-05-2009, 05:56 PM
I used to be a Zaino guy.....had all of Sal's products....even dawn soap in the blue bottle.
In 2009, I am now full blown Wolfgang dude. With one car detailed, I can't be happier with the results.

Put one vote in for Wolfgang!

Why did you switch? Looks, application, cost, no engineering degree needed?

dsms
03-05-2009, 06:28 PM
IMO you should use whatever product you feel will get the job done best, im not partial to using as much of one line as possible. if a certain line has more of what I need than of course I will stick with it. As much as I would like to use 1 single line of polish, or 1 single line of LSP's it just doesnt work for me. I switch a lot of things up depending on the task at hand.

Wendell Jarvis
03-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Not all one line is going to have the best of everything so you are going to need to have different brands of various products.

This is the best response I have read so far........and the way I feel, but from my original post,,,,if there was a one brand I would be completely dedicated to would be Menzerna....but they do what they do the best, I use different products for different situations and various colors of cars and paint condition....the list goes on

dublifecrisis
03-05-2009, 08:09 PM
if I HAD to choose one brand it would probably be Optimum and then I don't know maybe Meguiar's. I know I know...

Surfer
03-05-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm not brand loyal, but I do love Duragloss products overall, but I have wide variety and even a few hidden gems from otc (AA Extreme Gel and Blue Magic Leather conditioner and cleaner). I have a varied "palate" :D . There are some products I prefer from certain companies over others, i.e. Megs qd'er in the red bottle is the best IMO for claying....now to just figure out how to refill it with other products (I have bunch of bottles lol) without breaking it, has the best mister around.

nrengle
03-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I used to be a strictly Mothers guy. I had all three complete lines, the Cali Gold, SynWax, and Reflections lines. Each had their hit and miss products I found. Then after trying some stuff on AG, I dropped a lot of their stuff (still like their glass cleaner, and protectant, and old product they don't make called Trigger Wash, and their clay).

Now I'm a mix of everything, but if I had to pick, it'd be Wolfgang for the time being, their TSR kit, is basically relabeled Menzerna in a way. And the DGPS and Fuzion are awesome, also love the tire gel. Haven't tried the free clay yet though or the paintwork lotion.

I do love me some Menzerna for the polishes though, and Klasse AIO, and some of the Surf City stuff. The car wash is nice. ONR is what changed it for me though, that sent me on the path. Now I just got the VIP of the DP stuff, let's see how it stacks up!

ScottB
03-06-2009, 08:29 AM
I have always found there are several lines that offer good products that can be used together for nice results. I do however find one or two "best" products within many lines and making the combo to use them together is the fun of detailing. Kinda like being a mad scientist without blowing anything up !

Wendell Jarvis
03-06-2009, 09:10 AM
I have always found there are several lines that offer good products that can be used together for nice results. I do however find one or two "best" products within many lines and making the combo to use them together is the fun of detailing. Kinda like being a mad scientist without blowing anything up !

I agree with Killr on this, its like an Artist with a blank canvass, many colors of paint to choose from, but with the right amount of knowledge of each paint color and combination of colors you can create a master piece !! hey, that was kinda deep.......hummm