PDA

View Full Version : KLasse AIO

jamores23
03-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Can I use AIO to prep the surface after polishing instead of IPA wipedown? Whats the proper way to apply AIO?

CharlesW
03-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Can I use AIO to prep the surface after polishing instead of IPA wipedown? Whats the proper way to apply AIO?I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be fine. Never done an alcohol wipe down in my life. :)

Just follow the instructions on the bottle. Damp applicator, rub into surface, wipe off. No drying time needed or even wanted. I do a section at a time to be sure it doesn't dry before I can wipe it off. Never had a problem, but I have read that it can be more difficult to remove if allowed to dry.
I have applied it with the PC, but on a polished surface, I think I would just do it by hand. It is a very easy product to use and doesn't stain trim.

I think it is a great cleaner/prep, but I never got any durability out of it as a stand alone when I tested it on some mirrors. Maybe 3 weeks on a vehicle that is garaged half the time. It's great to follow with about any sealant or wax.

Emile
03-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah you can. I'm not crazy about IPA wipe downs, either.

Spritz a microfiber applicator pad with water. Shake the Klasse bottle and apply just a little bit to the applicator pad. Apply the Klasse in an over-lapping motion. Once you have completed a body panel, you can use a microfiber towel to buff it off, or move onto the next panel and then buff the entire car off at the end. Make sure that you keep spritzing the applicator pad with water once in a while to make it easier to apply the Klasse and so that you use less product.

When buffing Klasse AIO off the vehicle, especially if the Klasse has fully dried off on the car, you may want to spritz the area you are buffing with water to make AIO easier to remove.

Klasse is fairly easy to apply it's just the removal that is difficult. A lot of people like to buff AIO off as soon as they've applied it to a panel because it is easiest to remove when it has not fully hazed over.

jamores23
03-05-2009, 12:46 PM
yeah I want to use it before I add 2 layers of wg deep gloss

FASTFRED
03-05-2009, 04:18 PM
yeah I want to use it before I add 2 layers of wg deep gloss
Thats what I did.
You will love the results. :cheers:

jamores23
03-05-2009, 11:09 PM
glad to hear tomorrow it will get the first layer of deeo gloss :)

blk45
03-06-2009, 01:15 AM

Why not? Don't you want a true assessment of the paint?

ScottB
03-06-2009, 08:25 AM
AIO is a chemical based cleaner with no fillers, it should indeed fit the bill as wanted.

jamores23
03-06-2009, 10:27 AM
what should i use to clean up all the dusting? should i just remove it while applying aio?

RaskyR1
03-06-2009, 11:44 AM

Me either. Seems like it's taking a step backwards. I do an IPA wipe down on my test panel, and once a process is dialed in I see no need to do it again. However, if I was getting paid a lot of money to do a full correction on a car I may do a full wipe down, but then I will probably follow that with something like KAIO. I just feel like the IPA is drying out the paint and don't like the way it leaves the finish.

Emile
03-06-2009, 12:21 PM
what should i use to clean up all the dusting? should i just remove it while applying aio?
Get rid of all the dusting by wiping the entire car down with a quick detailer or a waterless wash, and then apply the Klasse AIO.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is an amazing paint sealant.

jamores23
03-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I applied AIO and was AMAZED with its finish I could have literally just stopped right there and taken pics of the car lol. Im waiting now for the second layer of deep gloss to throw on a layer of fuzion :)

CharlesW
03-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I applied AIO and was AMAZED with its finish I could have literally just stopped right there and taken pics of the car lol. Im waiting now for the second layer of deep gloss to throw on a layer of fuzion :)My thought with KAIO as well. If it had lasted a little better for me, I probably wouldn't have needed any additional LSP.