PDA

View Full Version : Placing first order

Fishinwhiz
03-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I am trying to put together an order to get started. Here are the vehicles that I will be detailing:

2001 Dodge pickup, fire engine red, no clearcoat
2004 GMC Envoy, earthy grey
2005 Ford Windstar, metallic green
2005 Chevy van, "earthy" grey
2007 Buick Lucerne, dark blue
2009 GMC Yukon Hybrid, Silver Birch
2009 GMC pickup, stealth grey (looks medium blue)

I would like to seal the 2009's and make them easier to maintain. The other vehicles with clearcoat all have light swirling. Some of these are fleet vehicles, so they are not washed very carefully. The 2001 pickup is my sons. The paint is not in good shape, it was put thru too many automatic car washes with brushes. This truck really needs some help along with the fiberglass cap that is on it.

I am willing to buy the flex machine (one of the packages) I need recommendations on package, xtra pads, sealants, waxes, etc. I would like to make one large purchase to get as much a discount as possible.

My experince has been with a 11 inch random orbit buffer. I am not happy with the results from it and would like to get a better finish. Thanks,

Dennis

jamores23
03-02-2009, 12:12 PM
fishinwhiz, I am sort of new to this as well but I have done paint correction to a few vehicles already including my personal m3. I remeoved all swirl marks and fine scratches using various products. My order consist of : meguiars m105 (heavy
compound), Menzerna SIP, NANO "106ff/fa", and PO85RD. The process goes as follows. Wash, claybar, wash , M105 on a purple foamed wool pad, followed by SIP on a orange/white pad, followed by nano on a grey pad, followed by po85rd on a blue pad. When using m105 you will leave behind new scratches and it will look like a hologram. SIP "super intensive polish" will remove most the holograms and the newer scratches. NANO will remove all holograms and remove even finer scratches. PO85RD will gloss or as we call it "jewel" the paint. Its not a easy process it takes alot of time. Good luck.

jrose0070
03-02-2009, 12:15 PM
:iagree: But i would also add some clay and some wolfgang sealent and wolfgang fusion i would also throw in some Optinium instant detailer and some optinium car wash

Harleyguy
03-02-2009, 12:42 PM
fishinwhiz, I am sort of new to this as well but I have done paint correction to a few vehicles already including my personal m3. I remeoved all swirl marks and fine scratches using various products. My order consist of : meguiars m105 (heavy
compound), Menzerna SIP, NANO "106ff/fa", and PO85RD. The process goes as follows. Wash, claybar, wash , M105 on a purple foamed wool pad, followed by SIP on a orange/white pad, followed by nano on a grey pad, followed by po85rd on a blue pad. When using m105 you will leave behind new scratches and it will look like a hologram. SIP "super intensive polish" will remove most the holograms and the newer scratches. NANO will remove all holograms and remove even finer scratches. PO85RD will gloss or as we call it "jewel" the paint. Its not a easy process it takes alot of time. Good luck.Skip the orange pad after using the Megs 105