PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Aluminum Toolbox

Shane527
03-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I have a toolbox on my Ram and I am in the process of polishing it. First I washed and dried it. I pulled out my Cyclo, blue pads wrapped in terry cloth bonnets. I used Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish. I applied a coating of the polish with a separate terry cloth towel and went to town with the Cyclo. Once I was done I did a final wipe down with another Terry Cloth Towel. While the box shines like a mirror, up close I can still see water spots and other imperfections. Any idea's on getting these imperfections out? Thank you in advance for your help!

redboost10
03-02-2009, 01:11 PM
i used the crappy polishing pad that comes with the pc along with mothers mag/alum polish on my intercooler and it got some tough water spots out. i worked it pretty long and went over it twice.

HighEndDetail
03-02-2009, 04:09 PM
I have used the WG aluminum polishes and worked great

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/new-car-care-products/7775-wolfgand-metalwerks-polish-review.html

Anthony Orosco
03-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Try the terry pads with a more aggressive metal polish. If all aluminum you might be able to use the 4 inch wool pads.

Anthony

julian
03-05-2009, 11:21 AM
constant maintenance on polished aluminum!
anyone have a suggestion on something that will seal it up after polishing?

AudiTTman
03-05-2009, 12:01 PM
I use Blue Magic polish which leaves a protective silicon layer over the polished aluminum onces your finished. Works great and you can really see how much gunk you pull out from the metal.

img
03-05-2009, 09:38 PM
spray it with a clear enamel once you get it clean, then you can just wipe it off with a damp cloth

ss-truck
03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Once you have the aluminum polished to the point to where you are satisfied , coat it with Zoop Seal and its protected .