PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO

jamores23
03-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Can I use Klasse AIO on my m3 competition wheels? would it make a difference?

Emile
03-01-2009, 02:24 PM
You can, it may make a noticeable difference. Wheel paint is typically really high quality where once it's clean, the paint is really shiny and has great durability. Klasse would provide additional protection and possibly some additional shine. The main advantage is that it would be easier to clean break dust off of the wheels in the future with the Klasse AIO but you cannot use any wheel cleaners on the wheels anymore as it will just strip off all the Klasse.

jamores23
03-01-2009, 04:42 PM
cool thanks!

Speed-Dude
03-01-2009, 04:46 PM
if you have any other non-cleaning sealants i would put that right over KAIO

nrengle
03-01-2009, 04:59 PM
If doing a whole detail, or like a winter cleanup, what I end up doing to my cars is a super thorough wash with APC 3:1 mix, EZ wheel brush, high concentrate of a car wash shampoo, usually my Mothers stuff as I'm trying to use it up. Then I clay, clean with KAIO, then seal with Wolfgang DGPS. After a simple ONR wash will clean the wheels right up everytime. I usually repeat that about once every 4 months.

jamores23
03-01-2009, 09:58 PM
can I use wg deep gloss paint sealant on my wheels after AIO?

nrengle
03-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I do all the time. I do the big detail I listed above about every 4 months. I repeat the Sealant about every 4 to 6 weeks if I'm home for a while and do a lot of driving. If it's any indication, I only drove 10K in the entire last year. I was home in March, May, half of July all of August and September. Since then, this is the longest break I've had at home.

CharlesW
03-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Klasse AIO is an excellent cleaner prep that makes a great base for any wax or sealant I have ever used over it.
The durability of the KAIO by itself was somewhat disappointing and I don't/wouldn't use it as my LSP.

Emile
03-01-2009, 11:26 PM
I have been applying a cleaner sealant to my wheels but I don't think I'm going to do that anymore because it takes too long to apply and then buff off. I think from now on I'll just spray & wipe them down with Optimum Car Wax.

CharlesW
03-01-2009, 11:31 PM
I have been applying a cleaner sealant to my wheels but I don't think I'm going to do that anymore because it takes too long to apply and then buff off. I think from now on I'll just spray & wipe them down with Optimum Car Wax.
An update down the road with your results would be interesting.
Are you presently using the Z-AIO on your wheels?

ScottB
03-02-2009, 07:51 AM
I rather like using Klasse AIO on barrels of wheels ..seems to be quite durable and makes cleanup easier plus it removes some crud that wheel cleaning might not have.