PDA

View Full Version : De-Ionizer-has anyone used?

Pages : [1] 2

MASERATI nut
02-27-2009, 08:01 AM
What results have you had with drying using DI?

08 Maserati Quattroporte Exec GT
98 Mercedes C230

D
02-27-2009, 01:55 PM
I use the CR Spotless filtration system.

2003 Mustang GT Premium

MASERATI nut
02-27-2009, 02:20 PM

2003 Mustang GT Premium

Your website is great!Too bad you're not around here, do you know any in Columbus OH?

D
02-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Thank you. I think I have referred someone in OH before. Ill get back to you on that.

MASERATI nut
02-27-2009, 03:12 PM
thanks!

blk45
03-01-2009, 09:14 PM

:whs: From another thread:

The only true spotless rinse that you will get will be from a CR Spotless or some other de-ionizing system. The filters from AG will help, but are not capable of providing a spotless rinse due to the makeup of the filters. I tried to skimp out and save money because I didn't want to pay that much for a water filter. It was a waste of time and money and I ended up buying a CR Spotless after all. They seem expensive initially, but if you do the math, it breaks down to about 22.5 cents per gallon. It truly is a spotless system. Once your readings on the included TDS meter pass 20ppm, you will start to see spots. Change the resin and you are good to go for another 400 or so gallons. I live in Florida and can rinse the car and let it air dry in the middle of summer. As the old adage says, you get what you pay for.....

MS3FTW
03-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Hey D&D what on earth are you using as your car soap in those pictures where the cars are completely covered in suds.

Dusty Bottoms
03-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey D&D what on earth are you using as your car soap in those pictures where the cars are completely covered in suds.

I'm not sure what soap he is using, but he sprayed the car down with a foam gun. They're here in the AG store, and quite a handy contraption.

D
03-02-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure what soap he is using, but he sprayed the car down with a foam gun. They're here in the AG store, and quite a handy contraption.

No, I used a foam cannon which attaches to my pressure washer, not the foam gun for the hose, big difference. Pretty sure AG doesnt sell what Im using.

Im using Chemical Guys soap in the pictures.

SILVERADO ONE
03-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Who sells the CR rinse set up you are talking about? I am on thewest coast of Florida & the lime & phosphates is brutal for spotting. Thanks in advance !

Feed back please

blk45
03-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Costco has the best deal that I know of. Just search CR Spotless, and it will be one of the first few results. $369 w/free refill.

MS3FTW
03-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I looked at the CR Spotless website. What are they selling? Is it just a set of water softeners? If this is the case they are extremely overpriced!

YankeeFan
03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I would try eBay, as there are a few companies out west that sell used or display models. Boughht one last summer for $229, other than a few scratches the machine works perfectly and the filters were new. I was able to finally end using the vinegar and water spray bottle........

Howard

blk45
03-06-2009, 01:09 AM
I looked at the CR Spotless website. What are they selling? Is it just a set of water softeners? If this is the case they are extremely overpriced!

Apparently you didn't read my post before your previous post in this thread, or the description on CR SPotless' site. They are not water softeners.

MS3FTW
03-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Apparently you didn't read my post before your previous post in this thread, or the description on CR SPotless' site. They are not water softeners.

Indeed that was very apparent. However after doing a little research I'm still not sold on the idea of it as it is quite expensive upfront and the refill resin is also not cheap. I doubt I would get 400 gallons of water out of a single unit as the water I have is extremely hard. I currently use a 2 part filter unit with a 1 micron filter as stage 1 for sediment and water softener as stage 2. I did not get this from AG either. I get only 2 uses out of the softener before it needs to be recharged as my water is that hard however I can recharge the softener a multitude of times without having to buy a "new" one. I have 2 softeners rotating duty. One will be in use while the other is recharging in salt water. With this setup I see no spotting as I dry the car unless I go beyond 2 uses with the same softener. Total cost of my unit was about $100 and I got 3 sediment filters and 2 softeners + a 50lb bag of salt. I can see it lasting a good year or more before I need to buy a new filter softener or even more salt. With respect to the CR system I'm betting I'd get a conservative 8 - 10 uses before it would be used up and I'd need new resin. Since I wash once a week the cost of a somewhat better spotless system just would not be economical. If I am already drying with no spots I'd see no benefit. I suppose if you use the CR system you "could" just let the car air dry. I would never do that as there are always airborne contaminants that would settle in the water spots before they dried up. I'm not necessarily knocking the CR system for those that swear by it. By all means its your money. For me however I'll stick with my significantly cheaper system that has little maintenance costs.