PDA

View Full Version : I messed up my headlight, so sad

kayi078
02-27-2009, 04:41 AM
my headlight just have a little bit oxidize and one of the member gave this thread to me before

VWvortex Forums: DIY: Polishing PLASTIC...like headlights and tailights! (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2485084)

i followed it and i messed it up, right now my headlight lens are full of scratches...i think i put too much pressure when i was wetsanding, my situation now is its looks more oxidize than before and full of scratches....
can i still fix it???? i am so sad about the result and its getting worse...
right now i just want to know can i still restore my lens and take out the scratches on my lens?

PLEASE HELP...!!!!

OGauge4Me
02-27-2009, 07:00 AM
Did you do step 7 of the process? Basically to do it again. You might want to try using a finer grade of sandpaper for a final wet sanding step. There is no harm in using a buffer and paint polish either.

It might help if you posted some pictures. Lots of experts here would be better able to help you out.

dublifecrisis
02-27-2009, 08:38 AM
use some 2000 grit sandpaper...soak it, keep it wet, then follow it with a compound and a cutting pad, then a polishing pad.

Harleyguy
02-27-2009, 11:29 AM
use some 2000 grit sandpaper...soak it, keep it wet, then follow it with a compound and a cutting pad, then a polishing pad.:iagree:But also go to 2500 if poss we use that at work.

67Customs
02-27-2009, 01:42 PM
What kind of vehicle is it? Make, Model and Year? (I assume VW or AUDI, but there are a lot of other people that come by our Detailing Forum on VWVortex that own other makes also.)