PDA

View Full Version : Hello From New Mexico

Olddog
02-26-2009, 08:25 PM
I just purchased a 2008 F 250 Super Duty Copper in color.

Then I found this site which seems to be loaded with people who know allot more than me about keeping it looking great.

All I have ever done is hand washing & waxing vehicles. But now is the time to learn how to do it right.

So far I have decided to get some kind of kit with the PC 7424 polisher but have no idea which one would be best to start off with for the kind of vehicle I have.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Dan

dublifecrisis
02-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Welcome Dan! I was like you just over a year ago-loved to keep the cars cleaned but stumbling across autogeek....well, now a basic wash takes me 3 hours because I've become so obsessive...LOL

The PC is a great proven tool. A kit including Menzerna, optimum, poor boys, pinnacle, wolfgang will serve you well or you can piece together one. Make sure to get 2-3 orange, white, grey, red and/or blue pads, some quality cobra microfiber towels and pick a couple polishes along with a quality wax or sealant like Pinnacle Souveran, Fuzion, Poorboys Natty's Blue, Optimum Opti-seal and optimum car wax. Basically, read up on the products, do some searches and you'll find what you're looking for. have fun!

OGauge4Me
02-26-2009, 09:08 PM
This is a decent deal.

Menzerna kit, 5.5 lake country pads, porter cable menzerna kit, ceramic clear polishing kit, Mercedes polishing kit (http://www.autogeek.net/pc7424-menzerna-ceramic-kit.html)

Also welcome to the forum.

Olddog
02-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks. I'm reading away. I am seeing posts about how hard your paint is on some vehicles. How can you tell which one you have?

This is going to be fun for me but bad on my wallet I think.

Olddog
02-26-2009, 09:20 PM
OGAGUE4ME

Thank you for the prompt reply. I will defiantly look at that kit and add a few more items to it probably.

Dan

sal329
02-26-2009, 10:36 PM
PC with 4" pads, Meguiars, Menzerna or Prima Polishes all work great, Duragloss makes really nice sealants.

Olddog
02-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Thank you.