PDA

View Full Version : Please step away..

Derrick
02-26-2009, 09:30 AM
...from the vehicle. Not long ago, while untangling the cord to the rotary, the plug hit the side of a car. The good thing is the plastic hit the car and there was no damage. I never did that before but it could have been a costly goof up if the metal part had taken off the paint or put a dent in the metal.

Lesson learned, "Get Away from the car when untangling the cord!"

Follow this and save yourself from headache and cash. I know I will.

Any one else have detailing words of wisdom.

Derrick

Jimmie
02-26-2009, 11:25 AM
When covering engine parts during an engine detail attach a note to the ignition keys as a reminder or put the keys in a different spot as a reminder.

RaskyR1
02-26-2009, 11:31 AM
When covering engine parts during an engine detail attach a note to the ignition keys as a reminder or put the keys in a different spot as a reminder.

I would also add to always keep the keys out of the car while working on it at all tmes. I've seen waaaaay to many keys get locked inside of cars over the years.

Tape is cheap, use it!

loudog2
02-26-2009, 11:58 AM
I would also add to always keep the keys out of the car while working on it at all tmes. I've seen waaaaay to many keys get locked inside of cars over the years.

Tape is cheap, use it!
Thank god for keyless ignitions. Locking keys in a car will soon be a thing of the past.

Derrick
03-03-2009, 05:56 PM

Tape is cheap, use it!

RaskyR1,
Did you hear about the Lambo's trim that got damage by a detailer on autopia. They banned him for bringing shame on their forum. :eek:

$1 in tape would have prevented $6000.00 in damage. I learned that lesson a while ago.

Tape just use it!

Derrick

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-03-2009, 08:24 PM
RaskyR1,
Did you hear about the Lambo's trim that got damage by a detailer on autopia. They banned him for bringing shame on their forum. :eek:

$1 in tape would have prevented $6000.00 in damage. I learned that lesson a while ago.

Tape just use it!

Derrick

There is more to it than that, but yes, tape is your friend.

Rsurfer
03-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey Asphalt, any update on your project car?

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Asphalt, any update on your project car?

It is still at the bodyshop from what I hear. I have been so busy doing other cars I haven't had a chance to take a look at it.

Derrick
03-04-2009, 10:07 AM

Was it no work visa?

Derrick

RaskyR1
03-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Was it no work visa?

Derrick

yeah, I watched that whole thing blow up over on Autopia...burning the moldings was only part of it.

WindyCity
03-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Keys,,,,,,,,,,I have a hook on my trailer door specifically for keys. My keys and Customers keys. Why my keys?,,,so I dont scrach their cars and never leave their keys in the car!!! If you lock your customers keys in their car and you are at their house no big deal but if you are at their office or work then YOU have a problem. One unhappy customer! Also guys cell phones chipping paint are a bad one as well.

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Was it no work visa?

Derrick

Alot more to it.