PDA

View Full Version : I need some feedback

Mike T
08-23-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm looking to do a full detail on my car this weekend and I don't have much time before the Thunderstorm's move in. I have the beloved black finish with minor webbing and some fine scratches here and their. I'm not looking to mask so much, but to remove as much as I can.
Wash, clay (If Needed). Tackle the finish with WG Swirl Remover w/Orange LC pad. Followed by RMG w/White LC pad. My LSP of choice will be LS w/Black or Blue LC pad.
Do you think I'm gonna need another polish to follow up after WG? Or is RMG strong enough to clean up after it? I know It's a glaze, but I thought I have read it can clean up some.
I appreciate anything you might have to add. I just can't stop thinking about how I gonna tackle this job. I have a limited time to work and no enclosure to work in. I also know Time=Quality.

ScottB
08-23-2006, 09:35 AM
I think you have a nice plan of attack. But since your webbing and swirls are far and between, why not start with a white pad ?? Orange is clearly more abrasive and will likely cause some micromarring.

Mike T
08-23-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm just afraid the White pad won't be strong enough and I only have one of each.

FloridaNative
08-23-2006, 11:11 AM
I would try the WG with the white pad first and see if that does the trick since your swirls are so few. Make sure to work it about 5 minutes or until it starts to dry. If that combination doesnt' remove the swirls then I would go with the WG and orange pad.

Mike T
08-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Arggg... I gotta place an order for more pads. My 4'' Pads arrive today Im the MAN
Do you think the RMG will help clean up anything leftover?

P1et
08-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I think a lot of people have the tendence to attack with the orange/yellow pads before trying the less aggressive white pad first. On my wife's Explorer, I didn't have a choice. But on my black truck, I'll be trying the white before anything else.

I'm glad to see people like Killr preaching this.

FloridaNative
08-23-2006, 12:59 PM
It might. Why don't you try it and report back to us. You have the XMT too don't you?? You could use that to clean up also.

Mike T
08-23-2006, 01:09 PM
I do have XMT. I think I will try WG with a white pad.
I gotta go place an order for some more pads. I appreciate the feedback everybody.
Should their be a wait be applications of RMG and LS?

FloridaNative
08-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Nope, you can go right to your LS. :)

Mike T
08-25-2006, 10:28 PM
What pad would you use to appy RMG?

ScottB
08-26-2006, 12:30 PM
What pad would you use to appy RMG?

Finishing Pad .... maybe a white in a pinch, but never higher on the abrasive scale.